♪ Bob and Brad, the two most famous physical therapists ♪
♪ On the internet ♪
- Well, hi there folks.
I'm Bob Schrupp, physical therapist
- Brad Heineck, physical therapist.
- And we are the most famous physical therapists
on the internet.
- In our opinion, of course, Bob.
- Today, we're gonna tell you
about the best morning exercise routine
without breaking a sweat.
- Bob, it always works.
We keep it simple,
and anybody can do it.
- We should also clarify that when we say exercise,
we're talking about physical and mental exercise.
- So it's not just ... the mind and the body.
- It's gotta work together.
- All gels to one.
- By the way, if you're new to our channel
please take a second to subscribe to us.
We provide videos, how to stay healthy,
fit, pain-free, and we upload every day.
Also, if you get a chance,
go to bobandbrad.com.
Go to our giveaway section.
We're always givin' something away.
This week we're doing a beauty!
We're givin' away a Sleep Innovation mattress.
- Lovely mattress.
- Yeah, and a couple pillows too.
- Oh, you can't go to sleep without a pillow!
- That's right.
So you can also find the contest on Facebook.
It will be pinned to the top of the page.
Go to Twitter or Instagram or TikTok
if you want a 60 second version of our program.
Hey I'm gonna show real quick Brad.
- Oh hurry up Bob!
We don't want to get hollered at for babbling ya know.
- A little sampling of the mattress here.
So this it's got 700 individual mattresses.
This is only a sample.
It's bigger Brad.
- [Brad] Yeah, full size.
- [Bob] Depends on what size you want.
It's got air channels.
These are really comfortable.
If you have any back pain, neck pain,
shoulder pain, knee pain, this is the mattress for you.
- All right Bob.
So there's five steps here.
They're very simple.
It's a very friendly, user friendly approach.
Number one is don't get up in the morning
and turn the news on.
Don't do that.
Do not listen to the news.
Bob and I both agree on this.
- Yeah, 100% - We don't have any studies.
But everyone will agree there is pretty much nothing
but massive negative information on news.
They thrive on it.
- Yeah, and you can include by the way,
finding it on Twitter or whatever.
I mean you first thing should not be going onto social media
Cause you're gonna find negative news on there.
- Right, exactly.
- And it sets the tone for your day.
- Yeah, it really does.
When your mind is fresh, you don't need to get beat up
right away, you know.
- It's funny, Brad.
I've kinda done this little experiment on me where I get up,
and I'm like, feelin' pretty good, and then all of a sudden,
I'm feeling kinda bad.
And I don't know why because I turned on the news.
- Well, yeah,
- I was like "Why am I feeling..."
Well they just said that Corona virus has gotten worse
and you know, it just...
- Yeah, they'll pick anything, anything, that will kinda
set ya down.
- You know, later on in the day, you can go ahead
and check it out from your sources if you want.
- I try not.
Get some music.
Some music that you can appreciate and turn it...
And nowadays with Alexa, that little thing you talk to,
there's so many alternatives to get you up and moving.
- Yeah, upbeat music. - Number Two.
Eat something healthy within the first thirty minutes
after you get out of bed.
There's no hard rule on this.
I've read a couple of books that suggested this.
I do it.
And it just seems to get you moving better.
- Tim Farris, he was one of the believers
that you should eat a breakfast.
And you see this a lot.
And, like you said, I'll see arguments on the other side
of it too.
But overall, it seems like, especially for weight loss,
you're better if you do eat the breakfast.
- Right, and a good breakfast.
Get the refined sugars out of there.
Cut down on the breads and the carbs.
That's up to you.
We're not going to get into that on this video.
But a good healthy breakfast.
- So no Coco Puffs?
- No, you can take the Coco Puffs...
- No Fruit Loops?
- I wouldn't feed those to my dog even.
Throw them in the garbage.
- Number Three.
A brief five to ten minute moderate to mild workout.
Maybe just a brief walk down the road and back,
around the block.
A brief stretching routine that you might find
on Bob and Brad YouTube. - Sure
- Or even a mild exercise routine
that's more than stretching.
But just to get your heart rate up,
get the circulation going.
We don't have too, I mean, I like to.
I went for twenty mile bike ride this morning.
But that's just me personally.
I don't recommend that to many people.
- I went for a 2.7 mile run. - Yeah.
- It's not much but I mean.
- Yeah, you don't have to do all that.
Just get your heart rate up a little bit
so there's circulation going.
Helps wakes up the mind.
- You just feel a lot better. - Yeah.
- And I do a lot of stretching every morning.
That's when I do my stretching.
- Yeah, exactly.
You don't have to break a sweat to stay healthy necessarily.
Sit down with a piece of paper,
its a little old fashioned,
you can do it on your phone,
but make a list of at least three goals
you wanna complete for the day.
It might be personal.
It might be work.
Maybe a combination.
Maybe more than three but write 'em down.
It kinda sets your mind and gets your whole program
going the right direction.
- Yeah, well I actually use, this was actually
from Tim Farris too, Brad.
He uses a note card.
So note cards are purposely small.
- Like what we used to use in chemistry.
I used them all the time.
- Yeah for cheating you could put down your...
- You could take 'em in - Not for cheating.
But to learn.
What was that?
Was a flash?
There's something going on in the Cosmos!
- So anyway the thing about the notecards,
what's nice about them besides they fit in your pocket
real well, you're kinda limited in the space.
So I only put down like the three,
like you said, I put down the goals that I really
want to get done today.
That these are my priority.
I don't care.
I may not get anything else done.
I might get a lot more done.
But I'm going to get these three things done.
So that's how I use them.
And it just works out really well.
- Do you throw them away?
- Yeah, I throw them away at night.
- Do you use the backside?
- I should but I don't.
- Is there lines on the backside?
- Well, there's lines on, no.
There's line on one side.
- Well, you can't use it if you don't have lines.
I use a spiral.
I don't know why I like spirals.
I got big spirals and little spirals
and I put the ones I'm gonna get done at the top.
And then down at the bottom, if I have a little extra time,
then I put my alternative goals do it.
- See then you kinda have a record, don't ya?
With the spiral notebook?
- Right you can turn the pages, yeah
- So you can look back and say this is what
I was lookin' at.
- I just went to the dollar store yesterday
and bought three new spirals.
Only a dollar a piece.
It's a dollar store you know - Yeah, yup.
- You can't go wrong.
- You should go the ninety nine cent store.
- Number five and this is very important.
Now this varies dependent on your situation at home.
If you have family members, roommates,
someone that you live with,
make sure you say something positive to 'em, you know.
- Or you can text somebody.
- Yes you can text.
Say hi to your neighbor, you know, if you live by yourself.
If your not a texter, you might be like my mother,
she just calls someone on the phone.
She's not techy at all but she can make a phone call.
- It's amazing how that sets the tone for the day.
And how you're, you know, spreading good will
throughout the world.
I mean, if everybody did this, imagine what would happen.
- Exactly right.
It kinda offsets that negative news that's going out there.
- I think that's a great idea Brad.
- So you know, we took seven minutes to get through this.
But it really doesn't take that long you know
except for the five minute walk
or that little exercise part.
The breakfast you gotta do anyways.
And its a wonderful nice simple routine so.
- It makes a good positive upbeat video.
- I really think this one we can fit into our broken heart
- That's right!
Brad and I can fix just about anything...
- Except for a
- broken heart.
- But how you start today can make a big difference.
- That's right.
- There ya go.
- Give love you can receive love.