Follow US:

Practice English Speaking&Listening with: Watch A Military Veteran Shred The NRA On ‘Weapons Of War’ | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC

Normal
(0)
Difficulty: 0

>>> DO SOMETHING.

>>> DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.

DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.

DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.

DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.

DO SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING.

DO SOMETHING. >> DO SOMETHING.

>> DO SOMETHING. FROM THE STREETS OF DAYTON,

FROM THE STREETS OF DAYTON, OHIO, TO NOW THE U.S. CONGRESS.

OHIO, TO NOW THE U.S. CONGRESS. HOUSE DEMOCRATS DEMANDING

HOUSE DEMOCRATS DEMANDING SENATOR McCONNELL DO SOMETHING

SENATOR McCONNELL DO SOMETHING ON GUN CONTROL, TALKING ABOUT A

ON GUN CONTROL, TALKING ABOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK GUN BILL THAT

BACKGROUND CHECK GUN BILL THAT WILL PASSED SIX MONTHS AGO.

WILL PASSED SIX MONTHS AGO. >> IT TAKES NO CURRENTLY TO PUT

>> IT TAKES NO CURRENTLY TO PUT ON THE SENATE FLOOR A BILL THAT

ON THE SENATE FLOOR A BILL THAT IS SUPPORTED BY 90 PLUS PERCENT

IS SUPPORTED BY 90 PLUS PERCENT OF AMERICANS.

OF AMERICANS. >> THEYVE GOT TO ACT.

>> THEYVE GOT TO ACT. WEVE GOT TO START TO DO

WEVE GOT TO START TO DO SOMETHING.

SOMETHING. SO OUR KIDS CAN START SCHOOL AND

SO OUR KIDS CAN START SCHOOL AND NOT LOOK AT ME AND SAY, "ARE WE

NOT LOOK AT ME AND SAY, "ARE WE SAFE?

SAFE? ".

". >> THE HOUSE HAS DONE ITS JOB TO

>> THE HOUSE HAS DONE ITS JOB TO SAVE THESE LIVES AND NOW MITCH

SAVE THESE LIVES AND NOW MITCH McCONNELL NEEDS TO DO HIS.

McCONNELL NEEDS TO DO HIS. >> WHAT TAKES COURAGE IS TO LOOK

>> WHAT TAKES COURAGE IS TO LOOK A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP IN THE

A SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP IN THE EYE AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

EYE AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. >> THIS ACTIVISM COMES AS WE

>> THIS ACTIVISM COMES AS WE STILL LEARN DETAILS ABOUT THESE

STILL LEARN DETAILS ABOUT THESE SHOOTINGS.

SHOOTINGS. DAYTON OHIO, POLICE, NOW

DAYTON OHIO, POLICE, NOW ESTIMATE THAT THE KILLER SHOT 26

ESTIMATE THAT THE KILLER SHOT 26 PEOPLE IN 32 SECONDS.

PEOPLE IN 32 SECONDS. I JUST WANT TO PAUSE ON THAT.

I JUST WANT TO PAUSE ON THAT. BECAUSE THINK ABOUT THAT.

BECAUSE THINK ABOUT THAT. WEVE COVERED THESE THINGS.

WEVE COVERED THESE THINGS. WE TALK ABOUT THEM.

WE TALK ABOUT THEM. WERE EXHAUSTED BY THEM.

WERE EXHAUSTED BY THEM. THAT IS THE FACT OF THE

THAT IS THE FACT OF THE TECHNOLOGY OF THE WEAPONRY.

TECHNOLOGY OF THE WEAPONRY. 26 PEOPLE IN THOSE 32 SECONDS

26 PEOPLE IN THOSE 32 SECONDS WITH THIS ASSAULT WEAPON.

WITH THIS ASSAULT WEAPON. CONGRESSMAN ANTHONY BROWN WHO IS

CONGRESSMAN ANTHONY BROWN WHO IS A ARMY VETERAN ALSO TALKED ABOUT

A ARMY VETERAN ALSO TALKED ABOUT THE ROLE OF WEAPONS TODAY.

THE ROLE OF WEAPONS TODAY. >> WE MAKE THIS NATION SAFE AND

>> WE MAKE THIS NATION SAFE AND SECURE WHEN WE TAKE WEAPONS OUT

SECURE WHEN WE TAKE WEAPONS OUT OF THE HANDS PARTICULARLY

OF THE HANDS PARTICULARLY WEAPONS OF WAR OUT OF THE HANDS

WEAPONS OF WAR OUT OF THE HANDS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUSINESS

OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUSINESS HAVING THOSE WEAPONS.

HAVING THOSE WEAPONS. >> AND WERE HAPPY TO SAY ON

>> AND WERE HAPPY TO SAY ON "THE BEAT" AMIDST THIS DIFFICULT

"THE BEAT" AMIDST THIS DIFFICULT TOPIC, CONGRESSMAN BROWN MADE

TOPIC, CONGRESSMAN BROWN MADE TIME FOR US.

TIME FOR US. THANK YOU.

THANK YOU. >> ITS GREAT TO BE ON WITH YOU

>> ITS GREAT TO BE ON WITH YOU THIS AFTERNOON.

THIS AFTERNOON. >> YES, SIR.

>> YES, SIR. YOU SAID "WEAPONS OF WAR."

YOU SAID "WEAPONS OF WAR." WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU.

WHY IS THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU. >> BECAUSE WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE

>> BECAUSE WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WEAPONS THAT HAVE BEEN USED

WEAPONS THAT HAVE BEEN USED RECENTLY IN FACT OVER THE YEARS

RECENTLY IN FACT OVER THE YEARS IN THESE MASS SHOOTINGS, THEYRE

IN THESE MASS SHOOTINGS, THEYRE ASSAULT RIFLES.

ASSAULT RIFLES. AND WEAPONS WITH LARGE CAPACITY

AND WEAPONS WITH LARGE CAPACITY MAGAZINES.

MAGAZINES. THESE ARE THE VERY TYPES OF

THESE ARE THE VERY TYPES OF WEAPONS THAT WERE ISSUED TO ME

WEAPONS THAT WERE ISSUED TO ME WHEN I WENT TO IRAQ, WHEN MY

WHEN I WENT TO IRAQ, WHEN MY KLIEG COLLEAGUES WENT TO

KLIEG COLLEAGUES WENT TO AFGHANISTAN.

AFGHANISTAN. THEY WERE ISSUED TO US SO WE

THEY WERE ISSUED TO US SO WE COULD DO A VERY IMPORTANT

COULD DO A VERY IMPORTANT MISSION IF CALLED TO DO AND

MISSION IF CALLED TO DO AND THATS TO KILL PEOPLE.

THATS TO KILL PEOPLE. THATS WHAT WE DO WHEN WE GO TO

THATS WHAT WE DO WHEN WE GO TO WAR.

WAR. >> LETS REFLECT ON THAT POINT.

>> LETS REFLECT ON THAT POINT. YOURE SAYING AND YOU KNOW A LOT

YOURE SAYING AND YOU KNOW A LOT MORE ABOUT THIS THAN A LOT OF

MORE ABOUT THIS THAN A LOT OF US.

US. YOURE SAYING THOSE WEAPONS IN

YOURE SAYING THOSE WEAPONS IN THEIR STRUCTURE IN THEIR WEAPON

THEIR STRUCTURE IN THEIR WEAPON DESIGN TECHNOLOGY ARE FOR

DESIGN TECHNOLOGY ARE FOR KILLING OTHERS AND NOT FOR

KILLING OTHERS AND NOT FOR DEFENDING YOURSELF IN A CIVILIAN

DEFENDING YOURSELF IN A CIVILIAN CONTEXT?

CONTEXT? >> THEY ARE DESIGNED TO INFLICT

>> THEY ARE DESIGNED TO INFLICT AS MUCH HARM AND CASUALTY AND

AS MUCH HARM AND CASUALTY AND DEATH AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

DEATH AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. THATS HOW WE OUTFIT THE

THATS HOW WE OUTFIT THE AMERICAN SOLDIER.

AMERICAN SOLDIER. >> CAN I ASK YOU ONE MORE ON

>> CAN I ASK YOU ONE MORE ON THIS.

THIS. YOUR TIME, SIR, AS THEY SAY.

YOUR TIME, SIR, AS THEY SAY. WELL YIELD IT BACK TO YOU.

WELL YIELD IT BACK TO YOU. THATS WHAT YOU SAY IN THE HOUSE

THATS WHAT YOU SAY IN THE HOUSE FLOOR.

FLOOR. ILL YIELD IT BACK TO YOU.

ILL YIELD IT BACK TO YOU. I WANT TO GET THIS FROM YOU AS A

I WANT TO GET THIS FROM YOU AS A LAWMAKER AND AS A VETERAN.

LAWMAKER AND AS A VETERAN. YOURE SAYING THERE IS NOT A

YOURE SAYING THERE IS NOT A LAWFUL CIVILIAN CONTEXT WHERE

LAWFUL CIVILIAN CONTEXT WHERE SOMEONE WOULD EVER NEED TO SHOOT

SOMEONE WOULD EVER NEED TO SHOOT AND KILL 26 PEOPLE IN 30 SECONDS

AND KILL 26 PEOPLE IN 30 SECONDS IN THE UNITED STATES.

IN THE UNITED STATES. >> ABSOLUTELY.

>> ABSOLUTELY. I THINK THERES NO PLACE ON THE

I THINK THERES NO PLACE ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA OR EVEN IN

STREETS OF AMERICA OR EVEN IN THE HOMES OF AMERICA WHERE YOU

THE HOMES OF AMERICA WHERE YOU NEEDS AN AR-15 OR LIKE THAT TO

NEEDS AN AR-15 OR LIKE THAT TO DEFEND YOURSELF.

DEFEND YOURSELF. LOOK, WE HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS, NO

LOOK, WE HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS, NO ONES TALKING ABOUT DENYING THAT

ONES TALKING ABOUT DENYING THAT TO AMERICANS.

TO AMERICANS. WERE TALKING ABOUT THESE

WERE TALKING ABOUT THESE ASSAULT WEAPONS, HIGH CAPACITY

ASSAULT WEAPONS, HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES, THAT HAVE BEEN USED

MAGAZINES, THAT HAVE BEEN USED TIME AND TIME AGAIN TOP INFLICT

TIME AND TIME AGAIN TOP INFLICT MASS CARNAGE IN SCHOOLHOUSES, IN

MASS CARNAGE IN SCHOOLHOUSES, IN THEATERS, IN NIGHTCLUBS.

THEATERS, IN NIGHTCLUBS. WE HAVE TO TAKE THOSE OFF OF THE

WE HAVE TO TAKE THOSE OFF OF THE STREETS OF AMERICA.

STREETS OF AMERICA. >> MY FINAL QUESTION TO YOU IS

>> MY FINAL QUESTION TO YOU IS ABOUT WHETHER THIS TIME IS

ABOUT WHETHER THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT.

DIFFERENT. ONE INDICATOR WEVE BEEN

ONE INDICATOR WEVE BEEN COVERING ON THE SHOW HERE IS

COVERING ON THE SHOW HERE IS SENATOR McCONNELL NOW SAYS HES

SENATOR McCONNELL NOW SAYS HES OPEN TO SOME OF THIS STUFF BUT

OPEN TO SOME OF THIS STUFF BUT AS YOU KNOW HES BEEN FIGHTING

AS YOU KNOW HES BEEN FIGHTING IT.

IT. YOUR DEMOCRATIC BILL, HE HASNT

YOUR DEMOCRATIC BILL, HE HASNT PUT A VOTE TO IT.

PUT A VOTE TO IT. NOW THE PRESIDENT CLAIMS HES

NOW THE PRESIDENT CLAIMS HES OPEN TO IT.

OPEN TO IT. TAKE A LOOK.

TAKE A LOOK. >> TALKING TO MITCH McCONNELL.

>> TALKING TO MITCH McCONNELL. HES A GOOD MAN.

HES A GOOD MAN. HE WANTS TO DO SOMETHING.

HE WANTS TO DO SOMETHING. HE WANTS TO DO IT I THINK VERY

HE WANTS TO DO IT I THINK VERY STRONGLY.

STRONGLY. HE WANTS TO DO BACKGROUND CHECKS

HE WANTS TO DO BACKGROUND CHECKS AND I DO TOO AND I THINK A LOT

AND I DO TOO AND I THINK A LOT OF REPUBLICANS, TOO.

OF REPUBLICANS, TOO. THERES NOBODY MORE PRO SECOND

THERES NOBODY MORE PRO SECOND AMENDMENT THAN DONALD TRUMP BUT

AMENDMENT THAN DONALD TRUMP BUT I DONT WANT GUNS IN THE LANDS

I DONT WANT GUNS IN THE LANDS OF A LUNATIC OR A MANIAC.

OF A LUNATIC OR A MANIAC. I THINK IF WE DO PROPER

I THINK IF WE DO PROPER BACKGROUND CHECKS, WE CAN

BACKGROUND CHECKS, WE CAN PREVENT THAT.

PREVENT THAT. >> CONGRESSMAN, MY FINAL

>> CONGRESSMAN, MY FINAL QUESTION, PART OF MY JOB IS

QUESTION, PART OF MY JOB IS SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ASK

SOMETIMES I HAVE TO ASK QUESTIONS THAT ARE SO BASIC THEY

QUESTIONS THAT ARE SO BASIC THEY MIGHT MAKE ME SOUND A LITTLE

MIGHT MAKE ME SOUND A LITTLE STUPID.

STUPID. ARE YOU READY?

ARE YOU READY? >> IM READY.

>> IM READY. >> IF MITCH McCONNELL WANTS TO

>> IF MITCH McCONNELL WANTS TO DO IT, WHY HASNT HE DONE IT.

DO IT, WHY HASNT HE DONE IT. >> WELL, OBVIOUSLY, THE NRA HAS

>> WELL, OBVIOUSLY, THE NRA HAS GOT A STRONGALHOLD AROUND HIS

GOT A STRONGALHOLD AROUND HIS NECK BECAUSE AS YOUVE REPORTED,

NECK BECAUSE AS YOUVE REPORTED, 90% OF AMERICANS SUPPORT

90% OF AMERICANS SUPPORT UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK.

UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECK. THERES A BIPARTISAN SUPPORT IN

THERES A BIPARTISAN SUPPORT IN THE HOUSE.

THE HOUSE. AND I AM CERTAIN THAT THERE ARE

AND I AM CERTAIN THAT THERE ARE REPUBLICANS ALONG WITH DEMOCRATS

REPUBLICANS ALONG WITH DEMOCRATS AND INDEPENDENTS IN THE SENATE

AND INDEPENDENTS IN THE SENATE THAT WILL VOTE YES ON THAT BILL.

THAT WILL VOTE YES ON THAT BILL. MITCH McCONNELL HAS TO HONOR THE

MITCH McCONNELL HAS TO HONOR THE DEMOCRATIC PROCESS, BRING THE

DEMOCRATIC PROCESS, BRING THE BILL TO THE FLOOR.

BILL TO THE FLOOR. IF THERE ARE DIFFERENCES THATS

IF THERE ARE DIFFERENCES THATS OKAY, WE CAN HAMMER THOSE OUT.

OKAY, WE CAN HAMMER THOSE OUT. BUT HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PASS A

BUT HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PASS A CLEAN BILL FOR UNIVERSAL

CLEAN BILL FOR UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS THAT THE HOUSE

BACKGROUND CHECKS THAT THE HOUSE SENT TO HIM NOW 165 DAYS AGO.

SENT TO HIM NOW 165 DAYS AGO. >> YOUVE BEEN THERE, YOUVE

>> YOUVE BEEN THERE, YOUVE DONE IT, YOU SPEAK WITH CLARITY.

DONE IT, YOU SPEAK WITH CLARITY. AND I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE

AND I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE EDGING INCLUDING IN OHIO AND

EDGING INCLUDING IN OHIO AND OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY

OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY EDGING TOWARDS OKAY, IS IT TIME

EDGING TOWARDS OKAY, IS IT TIME TO DO IT.

The Description of Watch A Military Veteran Shred The NRA On ‘Weapons Of War’ | The Beat With Ari Melber | MSNBC