♪ (old-school video game music) ♪
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Thriller" chiptune) ♪
- (Finebros) Today, you'll be playing this.
- Sega Genesis!
- Is this Michael Jackson? Oh my god!
- I don't know how you can make a game about Michael Jackson.
- Snapchat, rainbow-puking Michael Jackson game.
I don't know what this is.
- (Finebros) Michael Jackson's Mookwalker has three levels in each stage.
To give you a taste of the game,
we're gonna have you play the first three levels
of three different stages. - (chuckles) Sweet.
- (Finebros) And to really get you feeling "bad",
we have this for you. - Oh no.
(game clatters) Oh-ho-ho-ho!
- Oh, it's a glove? I'm so excited!
- Can I really wear this the whole time while I play?
'Cause I would be so excited. Like, can I keep this?
- I'm gonna channel my inner Michael.
I'm gonna beat this game.
♪ (dramatic chiptune music) ♪
- (dramatically) Michael Jackson's Moonwalker!
(in game: warbling) - Ooh! Dat graphics though.
Wow, look at these graphics. Ten outta ten.
- "Round 1-1: Club 30."
(in game: coin clinks) - Ooh! That spin though.
- (playfully) Here's my two cents. Turn on the jukebox.
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Smooth Criminal") ♪ (imitating Jackson) Ooh!
- Is this, like, Smooth Criminal?
- Uh... (sparkles chime)
(laughing) Yay, sprinkles.
(sparkles chime) All right.
Do I hit him with my fairy dust?
- Uh. Uh. And kick.
- This is literally my life.
Oh my gosh. I need this.
Oh, why is there a little girl crying?
- Should I avoid the kid?
Michael Jackson and children don't go well together.
There's a kid crying. Am I supposed to help her?
- And kick. And C.
- (little girl) Michael! - Okay, I save the girl, I think.
- (little girl) Michael! - Oh, wait! Am I saving--
Oh, I'm saving the people! Ohhh.
Everything makes so much more sense.
- Uh, yeah! Beat it.
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Smooth Criminal") ♪
Uh... what is she doing?
- Why'd she do that? Rude.
Heh. Look, but don't touch, okay?
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! (sparkles chime)
- Yes! (laughs) I love this.
- I can play the piano.
♪ (piano plays random notes) ♪
- Get away. I'm having fun on the piano.
- Hey, look, another child.
All right. (sparkles chime)
The irony in this game is just...
- (little girl) Michael! - Run away, kid.
You're doing the right thing.
- There's a door there. I have to open that.
Hi, I'm Michael Jackson. Do you need help?
- (little girl) Michael! - Oh, I found another little girl.
That sounded really creepy.
- Walk up them stairs with swag.
(sparkles chime) - (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH!
- (chuckling) - (Michael Jackson) OOH!
Oh, you're not happy.
I don't care. I'm Michael Jackson. I do what I want.
(sparkles chime) Spin him!
- ♪ Smooth criminal ♪
♪ (vocalizing song) ♪
(gasps) Yeah, that's right, bitch!
- (gasps) Oh, did you see that?
I hit that one guy with the other guy. Wow, accomplishment.
- Yes! Be free!
- (little girl) Michael! - Yay! I did it.
Now there's a monkey.
- I got my monkey! Is he gonna help me?
- What is this? Who are you?
What the heck? What is this?
- Get off of me! (sparkles chime rapidly)
Me spinning around in a circle is killing me?
Oh, he's pointing somewhere.
- No, that way. No that--
Where-- where does he want to go?
- It wants me to go down, I think.
- Let's go, monkey.
Woo! Michael Jackson.
♪ (random piano notes play) ♪ ♪ (boss music) ♪
- Where'd you go? Okay.
- "Ha ha. You'll never catch me."
Oh, watch me, bitch. I'm right behind you. Oh.
♪ (frantic music) ♪ Aah!
(sparkles chime) Oh no. Everything's happening at once.
- Oh my god, no. There's so many.
Shoot! Wait. A! A!
- Oh my gosh. No! They're all coming.
- Michael kicks 'em in the face!
- Okay. Oh-- (explosions)
Oh, that seems legit.
Michael Jackson could always do that.
I already saw him do that in concert. Didn't you?
(sparkles chime) - This is so intense.
(as little girl) "Oh, Michael!" I saved you. Okay.
(gasps) Did I do it?
- I beat it? Yay!
- I'm love with this game. Just in love.
- This is a fun game.
This is exactly the kind of game that I wanna play.
- There was no backstory.
Like, I just show up and then... beat up a couple guys,
save some children, and then, look, a monkey!
Like, I don't know. I'm kind of confused.
- (Finebros) Ready for the next stage? - I'm actually really excited
'cause maybe that monkey will come back
and tell me what's going on around here.
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Bad") ♪ - Yes! The Moonwalk.
- (Michael Jackson) Who's bad?
- "Round 2-1: Street."
- Takin' it to the streets!
- I'm praying that it's as easy as it was before.
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Beat It") ♪ (dog barks)
- Don't tell me I have to hurt the dog!
I don't want to hurt it.
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! - I have to hurt-- (sniffles)
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! - Ho! Oh snap!
- (dog barks) - Oh shit! (laughs)
- X. - (little girl) Michael!
- (imitating girl) Michael! That's me!
- You know what would've been a better story for all this?
Michael is trying to find his new nose. (laughs)
Aww. That was mean.
- Come at me. - (Michael Jackson) OOH!
- (to tune of Beat It) ♪ Ha ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ♪
♪ I'm so good at this game ♪
♪ And you can't do anything about it ♪
♪ Oh, I'm gonna die ♪
(dog barks) - Get away from me!
(dogs bark) Stupid dog.
- (grunts) I'm Michael Jackson!
Yarrrggh, nooo! (laughs) Why?
Why won't you die, dogs?
- The dogs are making me very upset.
Like, I'm getting very mad.
(dogs bark) - Sparkles, go!
Go! Go! Sparkles, go.
It's not working! My strategy--
OH, IT WORKED!!!
- Get outta here.
Oh, you got-- oh, double kill.
Did you see that? That was smooth.
What?! He's got-- he's got a gun!
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! - They're everywhere!
(laughing) No! No-- what?!
No! They won't die.
They won't die. ♪ (game over music) ♪
I kicked them so many times.
- Ooh, did you see that?
(dogs bark) Ohh, did you see that?
(dogs bark) - (little girl) Michael!
- Hey, that was just like-- I was just like,
"I'm just gonna check it just in case, but..."
- STOP! Stop!
The dogs are fricking rude.
- Jump this way and then I jump that way.
- Okay. Okay, dog on a roof.
All right. It's totally normal. - (Michael Jackson) OOH!
- What? (dog barks)
Get up here, bitch. Bring it.
(sparkles chime) - Oh! I almost died from that.
- (little girl) Michael!
- Where's this little girl at?
I think that's weird.
"I'm gonna find you, little girl." But that's-- yeah.
That just doesn't sound right.
- (little girl) Michael!
- I got one-- I got one last Lego child left.
- I got 'em. I got 'em.
- And there's the monkey thing. What does that monkey do?
- But-- oh, here we go. Bubble's telling me where to go.
- Let's roll. Okay-- oh. (laughs) ♪ (boss music) ♪
What is this this? "Ha ha. You'll never--"
Bitch, you said that last time.
♪ (frantic music) ♪
- And the way they're walking. (sparkles chime)
I love it. (explosions)
- You guys, I'm so low on health. (sparkles chime)
- You guys wanna [bleep] jump down any day?
I'm not going up there.
- Wait, wait, crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! - Shoot.
(sparkles chime) - Oh no! I went down.
(frantically) Oh my god!
- My magic is failing me. Stay away.
Get out of here. Okay.
Hi, child. Okay, cool. I did it.
- I need to kill you. You're my last person. Jesus Christ.
Frick yeah! I got the girl.
- (little girl) Michael! - (imitating girl) Michael!
Random, but okay.
- It's a cemetery, bitch. That's not the woods.
♪ (Michael Jackson, "Another Part of Me") ♪
- I don't what song this one is.
- Oh, perfect.
(sparkles chime) Zombies too?
- What the [bleep]? Jumping zombies? What is this?
(chuckles) There we go. I did the moonwalking.
- Oh! Oh no! - (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH!
(sparkles chime) Oh, shoot.
This is fricking hard.
- I did not sign up for this!
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! - Oh, shoot.
Wait, I was using special moves! Crap!
- They come out of the ground? No!
Whoa! - (little girl) Michael!
- Hello. Why are you in a graveyard?
- Ah, shit. Get outta here.
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! - (little girl) Michael!
- Yes. Okay, child, give me health.
- Okay, so I'm guessing I have to jump.
- I like how touching the children gives me a boost in energy.
- How do I kill that bird?
It's the animals in this game, man.
- (little girl) Michael! - Michael!
- Can I check the bushes?
- (little girl) Michael!
- That was just a lucky guess.
- Oh my god! Oh my god! OH my god! Oh my god!
Oh my god! Oh my god! Holy-- jump!
Oh my god!
I need a child. I need a child. I need a child. I need a child.
That's so weird out of context. I need a child right now.
(shrieking) Run away!
(squealing) Run away! Run away!
♪ (game over music) ♪ - [Inaudible].
- Can I get up there by, like...
like... jumping up here? Like, jumping up?
Yes! - (Michael Jackson) OOH!
- (little girl) Michael! - Oh my gosh! I did it.
♪ (creepy music) ♪ - Yay, monkey. Lead me to my death.
- I hear you, Bubbles.
Oh, this way?
♪ (boss music) ♪ - (groans) I hate this guy.
- Let's go!
♪ (frantic music) ♪ - Bring it, bitch.
(sparkles chime) - (squealing) Nah!
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! - Aah!
(sparkles chime) - Sh-- holy moley.
I am not doing well on this level at all!
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! - Why won't they just come down here?
- (Michael Jackson) OOH! OOH! OOH! - (grumbling)
(in game: warbling) - What's going on?
- Yes! ♪ (Michael Jackson, "Thriller") ♪
Uh! ♪ Thriller ♪
- (laughing) Really? - (Michael Jackson) OOH!
- Cool. (laughs) Cool, all right.
I just made all the zombies kill themselves
while humiliating them to the Thriller dance.
- It was fun. I love the music.
I loved that they had his music in there
with a little bit of a eight-bit spin.
- I loved it. I would play it all day.
- Ten out of ten. Would recommend, honestly.
- (Finebros) This game was actually based on
Michael Jackson's movie, also called Moonwalker.
- He had a movie? Wait, he had a movie?!
- (Finebros) And we're gonna show you the trailer today.
- Oh my gosh, okay.
♪ (dramatic music) ♪
- Oh, okay.
♪ ('80s synthpop) ♪
- (narrator) He comes from a place beyond the stars...
- "Beyond the stars." That's how cool he is.
- (narrator) ...to take them to a world beyond their dreams.
- What the [bleep]? - (Michael Jackson) Ow!
- What? The game had, like, none of this!
- (narrator) ...from the imagination of Michael Jackson.
- It's like Power Rangers mixed with Michael Jackson.
- (Michael Jackson) OW! ♪ (Smooth Criminal) ♪
- Oh, I feel like this a bad acid trip.
- Oh my gosh. I'll have to watch this again.
- (narrator) Michael...
- What are these animals doing in here?!
- (Michael Jackson) OW!
- (narrator) Nothing could prepare you for his movie...
Moonwalker. - What?!
Wait, wait, wait. What?
- (narrator) It's written... in the stars.
- I don't know where I'm gonna find it, but I'm gonna find it.
I'm gonna watch it. - (Michael Jackson) OW!
- Thanks for watching us play Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
on the React channel.
- Wanna see more retro gaming videos?
Prove it. Give us a thumbs up.
- What game should we play next?
New or old, let us know in the comments.
- Subscribe! New gaming episodes every Sunday.
- Bye, everyone.
Who's bad? WOO!
♪ (old-school video game music) ♪