- I'm Orlando Bloom, and I play Rycroft Philostrate.
- I'm Tamzin Merchant, and I play Imogen Spurnrose.
- And I'm David Gyasi, and I play Agreus Astrayon.
- We love our names so much, and today,
we're gonna be really cute.
Just everybody be cute for a second.
(upbeat pop music)
- Oh, first time I was starstruck.
I met Emma Thompson.
- [David] Oh, wow.
- Yeah, right? - I would be.
- And I just couldn't speak, actually.
My tongue just went so dry.
It was like a desert in my mouth.
I just couldn't speak.
- When I got to work on "Lord of the Rings,"
I was in a cast of Ian McKellen, Ian Holm,
Christopher Lee, Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood,
it was just like, I was like (imitates gun shots).
I was starstruck, you know what I mean?
- Liv Tyler.
Oh, I was kind of struck by Liv Tyler.
- I was probably about seven.
Mad into football.
We used to go to this church,
but then this footballer called Garth Crooks comes out
of the church, and I was allowed to have my football
with me as a kind of coax
to go to church. - Did he sign it?
- No, he didn't, because he just came to me, and was like,
yeah, mate, let me have a go on your ball, and I was like...
I just remember going, that's Garth Crooks,
and I just kept going like that.
He was like, hi, mate, see you!
And then my brother and I ran up to his car,
and then he drove away.
- Aww. - So, Garth,
if you're watching, let's have a kick about.
- First acting credit?
Well, outside of school plays.
Do school plays count?
I did a Blur video, music video.
- Oh, wow.
- And I was the boy that jumped the fence.
It was the one that goes,
♪ Boys and the girls ♪
- Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. - Oh, that's neat.
♪ Boys and the girls ♪ - So you just jumped
- Yeah, I had to run along.
It was one of those sets, and I had to just jump the fence.
I was like-- - Awesome.
It was a fencing film.
- Like the type of fence that Orlando jumped over,
or like sword fighting?
- Sword fighting.
- Fencing film.
I was a supporting artist on a bench going, yeah!
- As Georgiana Darcy in "Pride and Prejudice"--
- That Joe Wright directed--
- Yeah, I know.
- Drop the mike.
- Mm-hm, I was 17.
- I'm gonna have to recount my first answer on that,
if we're going there.
- I had no agent or anything.
I called up the casting director.
He was a number I found on the internet.
Demanded an audition, faxed them a picture of my face,
and they let me come audition,
and I did three auditions and got the part.
- When you faxed them a picture of your face,
is that you in a fax machine, or did you take
a picture, right. - I just went up there
to the copier.
- I was thinking if I should re-edit mine now,
'cause I'm feeling really insecure
about how good their responses were.
- You jumped a fence.
- First time you met each other?
So, I'll start with Orlando.
I feel it creeping inside me that I'm gonna get a dog,
and I've come from a place of not really understanding dogs,
or being a bit scared of them,
and I think I was in the transition period when I met you,
and you were holding Mighty.
- And I think I sort of met Mighty before you, sorry, man.
- No, listen, that's, he's a great--
- He's a great, he's a great.
But, yeah, and I met you,
and you were nothing but love, man.
- Aww. - So thank you for doing that,
because, you know, it can be intimidating,
and you weren't, so thank you.
And then the first time I met Tamzin--
- I was very intimidating.
- Very intimidated, and I couldn't speak.
Remember when you met Emma Thompson.
- The first time I met you was in an office in Prague,
and you came around the corner, and I went,
"Oh, Tamzin," and you went, "Oh, well, we're hugging."
- [David] That was the first time, yeah.
- When we met--
- At the read through.
- At the read through, yeah.
We met at the read through, and--
- I was intimidated, because he had a massive binder
of the script, and I had like these little tatty verses
that I'd been scribbling on,
and he had this big binder and he's
really very organized, (imitates gun shots)
and I do love a bit of stationery,
so I had a bit of stationery envy.
- Oh, did you?
- Yeah. - I had a bit
of hat envy because you had
that Harry Potter hat and scarf
situation there. - Oh, yeah, not scarf as well.
I had a really cool hat.
- She had a very cool hat.
- I still have that hat.
- The Harry Potter hat.
- Yeah. - Kind of feels very,
where did you get that hat?
- From the play, from the Harry Potter play.
- Oh, no, really? - Yeah, yeah!
- So you really did have that--
- Yes, it was a Harry--
- I can't believe it, I was like,
wait, is that, and now it actually is.
- Yeah, it's a Harry Potter hat.
Gryffindor. - I'm such a num-num.
(upbeat pop music)