- Another Drake one, yes! Drake killing the game.
- This year has been really good for music.
I don't care if you think it's pop trash.
It's my type of trash.
♪ (industrial intro) ♪
- (FBE) So today, we are gonna be showing you the top 10
biggest songs from 2018, and we're gonna see
if you can correctly place them in order from one to 10.
- Okay! I'm usually pretty good at these.
I usually get at least a point. - Yes, I love these games.
- No, I can't do that. I just don't have
a really good sense of what's popular on today's radio.
- (FBE) This list was determined by looking at how many weeks
a song spent in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 list.
We're not counting songs that debuted before 2017,
although new remixes released this year count.
Ties will be broken based on how high the song peaked
in the top 10. - Okay. I don't pay attention
to the Billboard top whatever, so I don't know anything.
- I think I'm gonna do average. Let's get it. Let's go.
- ♪ Told that bitch I'm sorry, though ♪ - Cardi, Cardi, Cardi, yo.
- ♪ Yeah, they call me Cardi B ♪ ♪ I run this [bleep] like cardio ♪
♪ Diamond district in the Jag ♪ - She is so good.
I'm so glad that she popped off. I remember when she was on Vine.
- Ooh. This track was fire.
- Cardi B, man, took over the [bleep] world this year.
- Wow, I love that song so much. This is hard,
'cause Cardi B's a queen. She deserves number one.
- (FBE) So, where do you think that ranks?
- "I Like It." I'm gonna put "I Like It" at a seven.
- I'm gonna put it at number two.
- I really wanna place that really high,
but I don't know. I'm gonna go with two.
- ♪ And I'm like whoa ♪ - (sings along) ♪ Ohh ♪
Post Malone, man. - Post Malone, man...
(sighs) He's so sick.
- Post Malone's gonna be on a bunch of these.
I think "Better Now" is gonna come up as well.
- I think I at least know his name. Post Malone?
I know that much!
- I actually haven't heard of this, so I don't know how high up
it would be. - ♪ (hums along) ♪
(sings along) ♪ AP goin' psycho ♪ ♪ Lil' mama bad like Michael ♪
- (sings along) ♪ Can't really trust nobody with all this jewelry
on you ♪ ♪ My roof look like a no-show ♪
♪ Got diamonds by the... ♪ Number one.
But it's-- less be fair. It's not number one.
- I'ma put that at number five. - Six.
- I'm gonna put that song at nine.
- ♪ Drinkin' Henny ♪ - (sings along) ♪ And I'm trying
to forget ♪ Ahhh! Post Malone!
- Wait, is this also Post Malone?
- ♪ You probably think that ♪ - (sings along) ♪ You are better now,
better... ♪ Oh, it's the same person.
I was like, that sounds like the same exact beat.
- For five seconds, I thought that was the same song.
- (sings along) ♪ Let you down ♪ ♪ Could've gave you everything ♪
♪ Could've gave you everything ♪ - ♪ You know I say
that I am better now, better now ♪ - This song is actually
one of my favorites by him. - Man, he's accomplished. Good job.
- That song? That's gotta be [bleep] high up.
- I'm gonna say that one was number two.
- Number five. - Number two, because I don't remember
one time I turned the radio on in 2018 and "Better Off" didn't come on.
- That one I've heard a lot, so I'm probably gonna give it... two.
- ♪ Everybody get your [bleep]... ♪ - Ah, of course.
There wouldn't be a top 10 list without Drake on it.
- These are all really good songs. We had a pretty good year for music!
Oh my god. - Ooh, is that Rashida Jones?
- I love Drake, man. I love Drake, bro.
- I'm so sick of this song. (snaps) It's so good.
It was-- (snaps) I was obsessed with it
when it first (snaps) came out.
- I don't know. I know Drake's really popular,
but I haven't heard that song that much.
- Probably gonna give it a five. - Everyone loves this song.
I'm gonna put it at number four.
- Three. I remember when it came out,
it was like a lady anthem. Ladies love that [bleep].
- ♪ I don't wanna... ♪ - "God's Plan" was this year?
- Why don't we just call it the Drake list?
- I really like this song. - Drake literally kills it
on every single track. It's actually insane.
- ♪ God's plan, God's plan ♪
- He bought everyone everything in this video.
- Everyone loves "God's Plan." Everyone always references this song.
- This music video was so cute. I love this.
- Everything about this video is just so wholesome.
And the song itself is really good. - This song was everywhere.
I wonder when he made this song if he knew how hot it was gonna be.
- That's the only reason I wanna be rich is just so
I could extremely help out other people in that type of way.
- I'm gonna put it as number three. - I guess five.
- It's his God's plan to be number one, and so it will be.
- ♪ Yeah ♪ - (sings along) ♪ Kiki,
do you love me? ♪ - Another Drake one, yes!
Drake killing the game. - ♪ From beside me,
'cause I want ya ♪ - Yeah, 2018 was a good year
for Drake, too. - My 12-year-old cousin
still dances to this, you know? - This kid--
Shiggy was the [bleep] reason this song went number one.
- ♪ ...need ya ♪
♪ And I'm down for you always ♪ - (sighs) This might have
to be number two. It's so hard with Drake,
because he has number one so regularly.
- I'm putting that one at number one.
- I'm just gonna do number six. - I'ma have to put it in four,
but I know it's probably higher.
- ♪ Made this year with all the... ♪ - OH! Let's go! Oh!
- Is this "Sicko Mode"? - This is relatively new.
- I literally have no clue who this is.
- This is Kylie Jenner's boyfriend, right?
- ♪ Had to hit my old town to duck the news ♪
♪ Two four hour lockdown... ♪ - This was one of the most creative
music videos of 2018. - ♪ We all in too deep ♪
♪ Pl-pl-playin' for keeps ♪ ♪ Don't play us for weak ♪
- ♪ Someone said ♪ - Ah, so good.
- This year has been really good for music.
I don't care if you think it's pop trash.
It's my type of trash.
- Number eight. - I'll put it at number four.
- All these songs are great, but "Sicko Mode"
is going in at seven.
- ♪ So, pull me closer ♪ Why don't you pull me close? ♪
- This song... - ♪ Why don't you come on over? ♪
- ...has gotten to the point where it annoys me SO much!
- ♪ Oh ♪ - (sings along) ♪ Baby ♪
♪ Why don't you just meet... ♪ - I like this song.
- I literally just go in Nordstrom and I hear this, like,
in every single store I go in.
- This is one of those poppy trash songs
that when I say "radio music" I think of.
- Radio music is impressing me right now.
I really like it. - I'm gonna say this is nine.
- That was a really big song. I'm gonna put it at number two.
- Let's do five for that. I'm gonna put "In The Middle"
in the middle. - ♪ I still see your shadows
in my room ♪ - Juice WRLD.
- ♪ ...back the love that I gave you ♪
- Oh no, fam. Don't get that down
that you, like, in the floor with your head.
That gotta be some hard breakup.
- ♪ Easier said than done ♪ ♪ I thought you were... ♪
- Like, I'm just, cringe, dude. Just forget about her already!
Damn! It's not that hard.
- This song's got me in my feelings more than Drake's.
- ♪ I have these lucid dreams ♪ ♪ Where I can't move a thing ♪
- I didn't know this hit the top of the charts.
- I'm gonna give it a 10. - Number nine.
- I'm gonna put "Lucid Dreams" at eight,
but it's not gonna stay there.
- ♪ I need it right here ♪ - Ahh!
- ♪ 'Cause girls like you... ♪ - Maroon 5.
- ♪ When I come through ♪ - Ah, this is such a good song.
- This song has been played a million times,
but I still jam out to it. - ♪ Yeah, me too ♪
♪ What I want when I come through ♪ ♪ I need a girl like... ♪
- This was such a good video. This makes me so happy.
- It's so weird when you see really big artists collab,
'cause it's like you just don't see them as living in the same world.
You know what I mean? So, to see them come together
is kind of weird. It's a trip.
- Nine, 'cause that's the only spot I have left.
- Number three right now. - I guess that's number eight.
I'm gonna have to do some serious rearranging here,
because I messed up big time. - (FBE) So, now that you've watched
through all of these, we're gonna give you a chance
to make some changes. Let us know when you're locked.
And remember, you get two points for every answer
you get exactly correct and one point for every answer
you're only one off for. - Love that.
- I'm gonna keep "Girls Like You"
as number one. I feel like that was
just divinely timed. - "I Like It," eight.
"Lucid Dreams," nine. "Sicko Mode," 10.
- "In My Feelings," six.
"Sicko Mode," seven. I'm feeling pretty good,
but you never know with these kinds of things.
- (FBE) So, here's the actual order going from 10 to one.
- All right. - (FBE) Number 10 is
"In My Feelings" by Drake.
(buzzer) - Goddammit! Grrr.
- WHAT?! Wait! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!
I was so off. - I should've known.
It was kinda just a meme, and it was outplayed.
- (FBE) Number nine is "The Middle"... - Hey, let's go!
- (FBE) ...by Zedd and Maren Morris. - (clicks tongue) Ah! I knew
that [bleep] was wack. Should've put it lower.
- One point. There we go, one off! - Are you serious?!
I've heard that song so much!
- (FBE) Number eight, though, is "Sicko Mode" by Travis Scott.
- Oh, I was off by ONE! - Oh, I got that one right.
- I did it! I got that one!
- (FBE) So, number seven is "Nice For What" by Drake.
The disrespect. I expected this to be higher.
- Got that one wrong, too. - I am so good at this!
- (FBE) Number six is "Better Now" by Post Malone.
(pop) - No, wait. Wait! I got one point,
'cause I have it as number seven.
- No! Dang it! I still get the one point, though,
'cause I put that as number five.
- I'm getting three in a row right now.
Oh! I'm mind blown! (kaboom!)
- (FBE) Number five and number four are actually tied at 21 weeks
in the top 10 and both peaked at number one.
So, if you have either at four or five,
you get two points. And if you have either
at three or six, you get one point.
- Okay. - (FBE) The two songs are "Psycho"
by Post Malone and "I Like It" by Cardi B.
- I got "I Like It" at number five.
- At least I got a point for "Like That."
I mean, that's kinda close. - "I Like It" as number four.
Let's go. (chuckles) I'm killing it right now.
- (FBE) Number three is "Lucid Dreams" by Juice WRLD.
- I had it at four. Let's go.
- Good job, Juice WRLD. I had no idea.
- Juice WRLD's not even that big of an artist
compared to the rest of these! That's so crazy.
- (FBE) So, number two is "Girls Like You" by Maroon 5.
- Oh, I got that way wrong. I had it at number 10.
- I had that as number eight. (laughs) I had no faith
in Maroon 5! - One off again.
So, at least we're getting-- This is the most points
I've ever gotten in a thing like this.
- (FBE) And finally, the number one spot
goes to "God's Plan" by Drake. - ♪ God's plan ♪
Knew it! - Yay, two points. (laughs)
- Nice! I at least got that one. - Yes! I had faith in this.
This is God's plan right here guys
for me to actually get two points!
- (FBE) So finally, this list, compared to last year,
has a lot of repeated artists... - Of course.
- (FBE) ...with Drake, Post Malone, and Cardi B
taking up the majority of this list. - Yes.
- (FBE) So, would you say that those three artists
are the best representative music in 2018?
- Absolutely, yeah. Post Malone, Cardi B,
and Drake just stormed in and just destroyed everything.
They made great projects, so they deserve it.
- Drake always represents what's kind of big in pop culture.
Cardi B's been a huge power since last year,
and she's probably the most prominent female rapper right now.
Post Malone, everything he even touches turns to gold.
- They're kind of our A class right now.
And a lot of people are like, "Ah, music sucks right now,"
but these are really good songs.
I'm not ashamed to have this list right now.
- Thanks for watching College Kids React.
And shoutout to Rayray21. - Be sure to subscribe to see
what kind of awesome content we have in 2019.
- What was your favorite song in 2018? Let us know in the comments.
- Bye! - Hi, guys! JC here,
producer here at FBE. Did you know that FBE has T-shirts
and hoodies? Make sure to check out shopfbe.com
for all the latest designs and help support this channel.
We appreciate it. Bye, guys!