♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪
- (FBE) Today, we've got a tasty challenge for you.
- (gasps deeply) - Ooh!
- Ah, [bleep]. - Word!
- (FBE) We're gonna feed you some food while blindfolded
and see who can guess the most right.
- Okay. - Great.
I'm excited. - Yeah.
- Scared but excited.
- This could go a number of ways. - (chuckling)
- From very good to very not good.
- I'll eat anything. Bugs, they're delicious.
(giggles) - She can go first.
- (FBE) Time to put on the blindfolds.
- Just this part alone is kind of terrifying.
- There's something a little bit alarming about how good these blindfolds are.
I can't see anything. - Yeah.
- And that's like-- there's no escape.
- (FBE) Your first food is in front of you.
- Where is the spoon? There it is.
- It's moving. - (distressed) It's moving!
Like, rolling? - It's moving! No-ho-ho-ho!
- Don't say that! Now I'm scared.
- It doesn't smell like anything. - No, not a smell.
Oh, wait... - (both giggle)
- Did I hear a crunch?-
- It's puffy.
- It's crisp and airy and not very dense.
- (FBE) So what's your guess? - It's a cheese puff.
- I was gonna say cheese ball, but cheese puff?
- (FBE) This was a cheese puff!
- All right! - Yeah!
- It's like a cheese ball of some sort?
- Cheese puff. - (FBE) Correct!
- Cheese puff. - Cheese puffs.
- I believe it is a cheese ball or a cheese puff.
- It's a big ol' cheese ball. - Yeah.
- Three, two, one: - (both) Pirate's Booty.
- (Mel giggles) - Give us our prize.
- (FBE) This was actually a cheese puff. (buzzer)
- (both gasp) - What?!
- Dun, dun, dun!
- Not too tough on that one.
- Yeah, that's a pretty common snack for me.
- If they're all gonna be like that, then we're gonna be okay.
- If it's just various chips, I'll be fine.
- (FBE) The next food is ready for you.
- Goin' for the sniff.
Oh! - Oh.
I know that smell.
And it touched my lip. It's real wet.
- It's kinda heavy. - Yeah. Mmm.
- And it smells.
- (whimpers) I don't want to put this in my mouth.
- Yeah, what the heck is that?
Wait... (sniffs) it is a very unnatural smell.
- Ah. Mmm-hmm.
(crunching) Yep. There it is.
- So far, I'm really enjoying this actually.
- It's fresh, crunchy, and aromatic.
Oh! Oh! (crunching)
I love this!
- It doesn't really have that much of a taste.
- (FBE) So what is your guess for this one?
- Um, that was a bell pepper?
I'm gonna even say it was a green bell pepper.
- I thought it was a red bell pepper. - Ooh!
- (FBE) You both get a point, but this was a green bell pepper.
- Yeah! - Yes!
- Bell pepper. - That's a bell pepper.
- My first thought was celery. - I think it's a bell pepper.
- (FBE) This was a bell pepper.
- Yeah! - Ooh!
- That's actually pretty good. I never eat peppers.
- The closest thing I can think of to try it would be a pea pod.
- This would be a bell pepper. (bell dings)
- Oh, yeah.
- I've eaten it.
I just am at a loss for what it is.
- Ready for this? - Yes.
- It's a bell pepper! (bell dings)
- Yes! - It's a bell pepper.
I don't know what color, but it's a bell pepper.
- I feel like you're kind of sweetening us up for the bad stuff.
- I do fear that it's probably gonna get worse from this point on.
- (FBE) The next food is in front of you.
- Okay, it's really heavy.
- I don't wanna eat this. - I don't smell anything.
- It doesn't smell strong, but it definitely smells recognizable.
- This is not my favorite.
It doesn't taste like anything, but it's just kind of gross in your mouth.
- Mmm. - That is weird.
I know what this is.
Oh my gosh! It's like right there.
- That was the smell that I got, that I didn't like.
- Oh! Oh my god! (laughing)
- Do I have to eat all of it? - I'll have it.
- Mmm! - Mmm.
Oh, I know what this is.
- I kinda want to gag. (laughs)
- I don't mind this.
- I don't like them like this.
- (FBE) What's your guess for this one?
- Um, I've never had a hard-boiled egg,
so I imagine this would be what the white outer part would taste like.
- It's totally a hard-boiled egg. (laughing)
- (FBE) Correct! That was a hard-boiled egg.
- Well done!
- I'm surprised I got that right.
- Uh, that would be a hard-boiled egg.
- Yeah, I thought it was hard-boiled egg also.
- I'm gonna guess it's a hard-boiled egg.
- (FBE) Nick, you're right!
- It's funny. It didn't taste like an egg white to me.
- It's a hard-boiled egg? - Yes!
- Okay. - You good?
- I got it.
I think that is a portion of a hard-boiled egg.
- I agree. (bell dings)
- There was two textures. - That's what it was.
It was the two textures that threw me off.
- I think I brought some. I have some in the kitchen.
- You guys could have used those.
- Kudos to whoever hard boiled them.
It was done to perfection.
- That was the tricky one. I think we're good from now on.
- You think so? - Yes.
- All right. I think we're in this together.
I think we're gonna get all five of them.
- (FBE) Here is the next food. - I can smell it from here!
- Oh, wait... (groans).
- Oh my god! - Wait, but, it's familiar.
- I think I can already smell something. - (whimpering)
I don't want to eat this at all!
- It's almost like a piece of bacon you puréed and then--
- Ew, yeah, it's like someone chewed bacon and then put it in our mouths.
- Oh god!
- All right, I'm gonna go for it.
- (quizzically) Hmm.
- That is bizarre to eat blindfolded.
- Oh! Mmm.
- Ooh, that's salty.
It's got a flavor very similar to bacon.
- Oh my god!
(laughing) I don't want to taste this one!
I want to gag!
- What is--? - (gagging)
- (laughing) Oh my god! - What is this?
- The flavor wasn't bad, but the texture was really kinda gross.
It's kinda slimy, chewy. Like, it's probably raw?
- I don't like all seafood, but that was really good.
- (FBE) So what is your guess as to what this is?
- Is it... (popping mouth)... is it like some kind of flavored Spam?
- I was gonna guess hot dog.
- (FBE) This was actually a piece of smoked salmon.
- Oh! - What, really?
- That was salmon?
- I'm just gonna go with ham. - Yeah.
- (FBE) Incorrect. This was actually smoked salmon.
- (groans) - What?
- I'm gonna guess prosciutto.
- I'm gonna say ham, but that is probably right.
- (FBE) This was actually smoked salmon.
- (both) Oh!
- Is it smoked salmon? - I'm gonna guess smoked salmon.
- I'll go with salmon. Smoked salmon.
- It's some kind of beef jerky.
- (FBE) That was smoked salmon. (bell dings)
- OH-HOO! - Oh, nice.
- Ugh, now I'm getting a fishy taste, now that I've thought about it.
And it's grossing me out. - Immediately.
- This is our last chance in here.
- I know it's gonna get grosser as we go. I just know it.
- Lightening round! - Dessert! Dessert! Dessert!
- (FBE) All right, here is your last food.
- All right.
Ooh, this smells good.
- Oh-- ooh, that smells chocolatey.
- Hey! - Oh.
If you've ever done any kind of Halloween, you know this candy.
- (softly) Oh, I think I've got this. - It smells like chocolate.
- Yeah, baby! - (giggling)
- Mmm! - Mm-hmm.
- Mmm. (smacks lips) - You like that one?
- Delightful! (laughing) - It's a good one to end on.
- (both) Ooh!
- Oh, I know what this is.
Mm-hmm. Oh yeah-- - Oh yeah!
Yay, I like this one!
- Without a doubt, I could feel the letters
on the top of it with my tongue.
- (FBE) So what's your final guess? - Kit Kat.
- Crunch Bar, Nestle.
- (FBE) This was a Kit Kat bar. - (both gasp deeply)
- That's great 'cause I don't know what a Nestle Crunch Bar is.
- I demand a retaste.
- This would be a Kit Kat bar. - Oh yeah. Kit Kat.
- (both) Kit Kat bar. (bell dings)
- (both) Kit Kat bar!
- It's either a Crunch or a Twix bar.
I'm gonna say Twix bar.
- Kit Kat. - (FBE) This was Kit Kat bar.
- Oh! Nice.
- Give me a break. - Give me a break.
- (both) ♪ Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar ♪
- (FBE) You can go ahead and take your blindfolds off now.
- Oh, that's gonna be bright. Oh, I hate this part!
- (FBE) Congrats, Mel, you won! - Thank you!
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
But really neither of us won 'cause we had to eat warm salmon.
- If I had some more Kit Kat, I'd probably feel a lot better about it.
- It feels pretty good. - I got a couple. I'm happy.
- (both) Yay!
- Finally, I win at something!
- (FBE) You guys tied.
- All right! - Yeah!
- Good job. - My eyes-- yeah, you too.
We tied it up!
- I think the hardest part was actually eating the food,
trying to find my mouth with the spoon.
- That was a close game.
- Good game. - Good game, good game.
♪ (playful interlude) ♪
- Thank you, for one, for making Staff Reacts possible.
- Don't forget to subscribe for new shows every week.
- Let us know what other challenges we should try in the comments.
- From all of us at FBE, bye!
- ♪ Give me a break ♪
- ♪ Give me a break ♪
- (both) ♪ From work ♪
♪ (upbeat theme music) ♪