- [Interviewer] Emily Blunt!
- Hello Joe! Get out of here Sam.
- [Interviewer] Here we are for your 73 question interview.
- [Interviewer] Can't wait and first of all if
I may be blunt...
Why are you here on the Vogue floor?
- So, Anna is in Europe for the week
and she's asked me to take over the offices for her.
- [Interviewer] Big shoes to fill.
- I know. Come with me.
- [Interviewer] Do you like living in New York City?
- I do, I love it.
- [Interviewer] Okay, where did you grow up?
- I grew up in London.
- [Interviewer] What do you miss most about England
when in America? - The irreverence, probably.
- [Interviewer] What do you miss most about America
when in England? - The enthusiasm.
- [Interviewer] Is there anything New York has over London?
- Pizza. Better Pizza.
- Emily, your Starbucks.
- Thank you, Jesse! - You're welcome.
- Bit cold. Nevermind.
- [Interviewer] What's the best part about being on set?
- Oh, the camaraderie.
- [Interviewer] Would you ever consider writing?
- Maybe. - What about directing?
- [Interviewer] Who's a director you'd love to work with
but you haven't had the chance yet?
- Alfonso Cuaron, call me.
- [Interviewer] What do you look for in a script these days?
- I look for sophistication, intrigue,
surprise, nothing derivative.
- [Interviewer] What's the biggest misconception
about being an actress?
- That we take longer in hair and makeup
than the boys. Not true.
- [Interviewer] Can you finish this sentence for me?
- [Interviewer] Hollywood of the future looks like:
- More hopeful.
- [Interviewer] Do you ever re-watch your old films?
- I do not. - Why?
- Because I'll just pick them apart.
Did you see what I did here?
This is how official this job is.
- [Interviewer] Those are definitely official documents.
- I know.
What's the wildest thing you've ever done in your life?
- I went scuba diving with sharks.
- [Interviewer] Didn't Zac Efron do the same thing?
- No he didn't.
- [Interviewer] What's something you didn't expect
- That I'm really good at multitasking.
- [Interviewer] Can you tell me your favorite joke?
- I don't like jokes. In fact, I hate jokes.
So don't, let's not do them.
- [Interviewer] Alright, well knock, knock!
- No please, please, please, please.
- No, I mean the door.
- Oh, the door. - Flowers.
- Flowers! - Oh, how nice!
- For me. Sort of romantic.
- Yeah. - Lovely.
- [Interviewer] What's a TV show you'd love
to make a cameo in?
- "Shark Tank." - Oh, sharks.
- If you had a podcast- - Sharks again!
- [Interviewer] If you had a podcast,
what would it be about?
- Probably about home decorating or something like that.
- [Interviewer] Who would you ask 73 questions to
if you had the chance? - Oh, Keith Richards.
Namely, how are you still alive...?
- [Interviewer] Okay, so who sent these flowers?
- I don't know, but isn't this so
romantic? - Romantic, yeah.
- 'So many congratulations on your new appointment,
love from mum.' Anyway, move on.
- [Interviewer] What was your favorite scene
to shoot "The Devil Wears Prada"?
- I like where I was really, really, really sick.
- [Interviewer] Kay, what did you learn
about fashion from working on the film?
- Just be more fierce, and wild.
I learned that from Patricia Field, our costume designer.
- [Interviewer] On average, how many times
has your husband seen the film?
- I would say a solid 23 times.
- [Interviewer] And speaking of John,
how long have you guys been married for?
- We're married for eight years.
- [Interviewer] Is it true John cried at hearing you sing
for the first time? - He did.
- [Interviewer] Is it true you unknowingly match made
at your own wedding?
- I did. I match made my sister with Stanley Tucci,
who wormed his way into the family.
- [Interviewer] Stanley Tucci - isn't he just the best?
- He is the best guy.
- [Interviewer] Think of goin' on a double date
with any couple living or dead, who would it be?
- Oh, Rob Marshall and John Deluca.
- [Interviewer] You and John were amazing in
"A Quite Place."
It was terrifying.
What was your gut, immediate reaction
upon reading the title?
- Um, the title? I thought, oh what a sweet,
sort of quiet living, room-drama.
I was wrong, so wrong.
- [Interviewer] In honoring John's Boston roots,
can you tell me something in your thickest Boston accent?
- Oh, I'm going to butcher it.
Alright. Good for you Joe, with your wicked
awesome questions and your fancy job and your Vogue offices.
- Is that a Matt Damon!? - I know right?
- Emily! - Yes!
- [Woman] They're ready for you in the closet.
- Yes, great. - Favorite dish to cook?
- I love turkey lasagna.
- [Interviewer] What is a favorite book
that you enjoyed recently?
- I love "Life After Life" by Kate Atkinson.
- [Interviewer] Historical figure you'd love
to take tea with?
- Ella Fitzgerald.
- Where would you like to have dinner
with Donatella tonight? - Donatella?
- Yes. - Chuck E. Cheese.
- She loves it. - Okay.
- [Interviewer] First role you ever had?
- I was on stage with Dame Judi Dench - who's delightful -
and I played her granddaughter.
- [Interviewer] Is it true, you started acting
to help get over stuttering?
- I did, I had a severe stutter as a child
and when I was in character I tended to speak fluently.
- [Interviewer] Okay, and if you weren't acting,
what would you have pursued in your life?
- I kind of wanted to be a translator for the UN
because I was quite good at Spanish.
Not anymore. But...
- [Interviewer] Okay, what's the hardest thing
you've ever had to do for a role?
- For a role, I had to learn a martial art called Krav Maga
for "Edge of Tomorrow."
- Can you show me a move from Krav Maga?
- Want me to show you a move?
- You can grab someone by the back of their head
and sort or knead them repeatedly
in the privates. Does some damage.
Michele, what've we got?
- Some locations for our next shoot.
- Looks a bit dull, doesn't it?
Was it in... Where is this?
- Paris. - Paris. Not so dull suddenly.
I'm gonna go with this one, this one, scrap the rest.
- [Interviewer] Are you a morning person or a night person?
- I'm a morning person, look at these pants-
- Wow, those are- - Come on, why not?
- [Interviewer] Those are very red pants.
- Wow! - Kittens or puppies?
- I will say puppies 'cause I'm allergic to cats.
- [Interviewer] What's your current obsession?
- [Interviewer] What are you pinning these days?
- I'm pinning light fixtures, and wood paneled walls.
- [Interviewer] Who's the most impressive person
in the world?
- Oh, I cannot believe you just asked me
that question. - Why?
- Because it's just too difficult.
Hello, Talia. What do you got?
- What do you think? - Oh, no, boring, No color.
Now hang that up! Don't just fling it anywhere.
I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding.
- [Interviewer] How do you become Mary Poppins?
- Mary Poppins? You gotta practice your turn-out, like this.
See? - Is that right?
- It's quite hard for someone as un-flexible as me.
- Oh see, this what people in fashion do.
They tend to sort of do stuff like this.
- [Interviewer] With Mary Poppins, how did you feel
on your first day of shooting?
- [Interviewer] Did you watch the original in preparation?
- I did not, so as not to get more terrified.
- [Interviewer] Now you're not on social media.
- I'm not. - Why?
- Because I don't think it's an organic fit for me.
I'm a bit of a dinosaur.
- [Interviewer] Well if you did have a Twitter account,
what would your handle be?
- What's a handle? - Emily?
- Yes? - I have James Corden
on line one- - Oh, no, no, no,
he can definitely wait. - Who's your dream co-star?
- Leonardo DiCaprio. - Dream duet partner?
- Duet partner? Louis Armstrong.
- Dream ensemble cast-- - Dream ensemble cast!
Okay, let's do it!
Benicio Del Toro, Dwayne Johnson, Sienna Miller,
Emily Mortimer, Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Me. Cast it.
Let's do it. It's gonna be huge.
- That'd be huge! - Yeah.
- [Interviewer] If your life was a
musical, what would the title be?
- Dance, who cares what you look like?
Ian, what do we have? - Big question. Which belt?
- It's a tough call. They're both so different.
I'm sorry who asked her -- who asked her?
- [Interviewer] What's it gonna be, Emily?
- I'm gonna have to call a friend here.
- [Interviewer] Okay, what's been the most rewarding trip
you've ever taken? - Rewarding?
I would say Bhutan. Hiking through Bhutan.
- [Interviewer] What's a country you wish to visit?
- I would love to go to Brazil.
Hi Stan! - Emily, what a surprise.
- I know. How are you?
- Fine, thank you, fine, thank you.
- Good, I have a very important question for you.
Are you ready? - Mm, yeah, go ahead.
- Which one? - Mm, I don't really know.
You know, I really don't know too much about fashion.
I only played someone who did and it was completely fa--
it's fake, it was fake. - Right.
You are very unstylish. Good bye.
- So, blue? - Oh no! Cerulean.
- [Interviewer] Best way to decompress.
- Don't miss out the cerulean.
Best way to decompress? - Yep.
Best way to decompress, I do transcendental meditation
everyday, although if I had these shoes,
I would not need to do that because
they are happy making shoes. - They really are.
- [Interviewer] How do you describe your personal style?
- I would say sort of tomboy-ish, urban-ish, kind of.
- [Interviewer] What's something you don't go a day
without wearing? - Lip balm.
- [Interviewer] What's been the most extravagant thing
you've ever worn? - Probably some jewelry
that I didn't actually own.
- [Interviewer] What's something that you wish
you really hadn't worn?
- Oh, I don't think I looked very good
at the "Devil Wears Prada" premiere.
My dress was all wrinkly and it was a mistake.
- [Interviewer] Can you name the best designer
who has ever lived?
- Oh, McQueen! - Good choice!
- McQueen, McQueen, do you think McQueen
would like me to wear this hat,
with one of his dresses? - Oh totally --
It's equestrian chic.
- I know, it's very British though,
right? - It looks good.
- [Interviewer] If you could raid some one's closet,
who would it be? - Blake Lively's.
- [Interviewer] Must have beauty product?
- I love Dior mascaras.
- [Interviewer] What's the best beauty advice
you've ever received?
- Get off that sunbed, stop tanning.
Ooh look, look, look, look. - Tucci?
- Hi Anna. - Anna!
- Emily, hi, how did it go today?
- It went wonderfully well. Thank you.
- Well I can't think of anyone that
would be better for the part than you.
- Thank you, Anna. Is there anything else
I can do for you? - No, that's all.
- [whispering] Been waiting,
I've been waiting for that moment.
- [Interviewer] Alright Emily, last question.
- How do you think, this interview went?
- I think it went really well.
But next time, bore someone else with your questions.
- [Interviewer] Yeah, but I thought this was going--
- No, just kidding.
It's not even my line. Bye!
- [Interviewer] Thanks, Emily!