Practice English Speaking&Listening with: Senate rejects motion to call witnesses, 51-49

Normal
(0)
Difficulty: 0

THE COMING DAYS WITH SOME SORT OF A TIMELINE.

OF A TIMELINE. >> BREAKING NEWS.

>> BREAKING NEWS. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. WE JUST HEARD EDWARD GIVE THE

WE JUST HEARD EDWARD GIVE THE NEWS THAT THE SENATE VOTED NO TO

NEWS THAT THE SENATE VOTED NO TO MORE WITNESSES.

MORE WITNESSES. THIS IS A BIG FAILURE FOR THE

THIS IS A BIG FAILURE FOR THE DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRATS. A VICTORY FOR THE PRESIDENT.

A VICTORY FOR THE PRESIDENT. THE PRESIDENT AND LINDSEY GRAHAM

THE PRESIDENT AND LINDSEY GRAHAM SAYING IT WILL BE A BIPARTISAN

SAYING IT WILL BE A BIPARTISAN ACQUITTAL AND MIGHT COME AROUND

ACQUITTAL AND MIGHT COME AROUND STATE OF THE UNION ON TUESDAY.

STATE OF THE UNION ON TUESDAY. LETS BRING IN REPUBLICAN AND

LETS BRING IN REPUBLICAN AND ALSO A MEMBER OF THE TRUMP

ALSO A MEMBER OF THE TRUMP DEFENSE TEAM.

DEFENSE TEAM. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ONE, WHAT

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS ONE, WHAT YOURE TAKING WHAT YOURE

YOURE TAKING WHAT YOURE HEARING.

HEARING. >> THANK GOODNESS THAT THERE WAS

>> THANK GOODNESS THAT THERE WAS NOT A VOTE FOR MORE WITNESSES.

NOT A VOTE FOR MORE WITNESSES. QUITE FRANKLY THE HOUSE DID NOT

QUITE FRANKLY THE HOUSE DID NOT DO ITS JOB.

DO ITS JOB. IT WAS THE HOUSES JOB TO BRING

IT WAS THE HOUSES JOB TO BRING FORWARD THE WITNESSES.

FORWARD THE WITNESSES. THEY DID NOT SUBPOENA JOHN

THEY DID NOT SUBPOENA JOHN BOLTON, THEY DID NOT SUBPOENA

BOLTON, THEY DID NOT SUBPOENA MICK MULVANEY OR ANYBODY ELSE

MICK MULVANEY OR ANYBODY ELSE THAT THEY NOW SAY THEY NEED TO

THAT THEY NOW SAY THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM IN THE SENATE.

HEAR FROM IN THE SENATE. SO FOR THEM TO COME AROUND AND

SO FOR THEM TO COME AROUND AND SAY WE CHOSE NOT TO DO IN THE

SAY WE CHOSE NOT TO DO IN THE HOUSE BUT YOU GUYS IN THE SENATE

HOUSE BUT YOU GUYS IN THE SENATE HAVE TO DO IT IS TOTALLY

HAVE TO DO IT IS TOTALLY DISINGENUOUS AND HYPOCRITICAL.

DISINGENUOUS AND HYPOCRITICAL. I DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS GOING

I DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS GOING TO TAKE DAYS.

TO TAKE DAYS. I WAS HOPING THIS WAS GOING TO

I WAS HOPING THIS WAS GOING TO BE DONE TONIGHT OR TOMORROW

BE DONE TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING.

MORNING. QUITE FRANKLY IM A LITTLE

QUITE FRANKLY IM A LITTLE CONCERNED IF THIS IS PUSHED OUT

CONCERNED IF THIS IS PUSHED OUT FOR DAYS THAT THE DEMOCRATS AND

FOR DAYS THAT THE DEMOCRATS AND THEIR ALLIES ARE GOING TO COME

THEIR ALLIES ARE GOING TO COME UP WITH NEW SUPPOSEDLY LEAKED

UP WITH NEW SUPPOSEDLY LEAKED FROM AN OMINOUS SOCIAL SOURCES

FROM AN OMINOUS SOCIAL SOURCES AND THAT WILL BE ALL THE TALK.

AND THAT WILL BE ALL THE TALK. THIS THING IS NOT OVER UNTIL

THIS THING IS NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER.

ITS OVER. IF I WAS IN CHARGE, I WOULD JUST

IF I WAS IN CHARGE, I WOULD JUST SAY, HEY, LETS VOTE TO ACQUIT

SAY, HEY, LETS VOTE TO ACQUIT NOW.

NOW. >> WAS INTERESTING TO YOUR

>> WAS INTERESTING TO YOUR POINT, BOTH 2020 DEMOCRAT

POINT, BOTH 2020 DEMOCRAT SENATORS AMY KLOBUCHAR AND

SENATORS AMY KLOBUCHAR AND ELIZABETH WARREN ARE SCHEDULED

ELIZABETH WARREN ARE SCHEDULED AND HEADING OUT OF D.C. TO

AND HEADING OUT OF D.C. TO CAMPAIGN EVENTS IN IOWA.

CAMPAIGN EVENTS IN IOWA. MAYBE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BUT THE

MAYBE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BUT THE 2020 DEMOCRATS ARE SHOWING ITS

2020 DEMOCRATS ARE SHOWING ITS OVER.

OVER. >> YOU KNOW, THIS IS OVER BUT

>> YOU KNOW, THIS IS OVER BUT LIKE I SAID, I AM NOT REALLY

LIKE I SAID, I AM NOT REALLY UNDERSTANDING WHY THEY ARE NOT

UNDERSTANDING WHY THEY ARE NOT JUST VOTING ON THIS TONIGHT OR

JUST VOTING ON THIS TONIGHT OR TOMORROW MORNING.

TOMORROW MORNING. I KNOW THE DEMOCRATS CAN DO TONS

I KNOW THE DEMOCRATS CAN DO TONS OF MOTIONS TO BELABOR THIS BUT

OF MOTIONS TO BELABOR THIS BUT QUITE FRANKLY IT WOULD BE THE

QUITE FRANKLY IT WOULD BE THE DEMOCRATS FAULT IF THEY WERE NOT

DEMOCRATS FAULT IF THEY WERE NOT LETTING THEIR OWN DEMOCRAT

LETTING THEIR OWN DEMOCRAT SENATORS GO CAMPAIGN IN IOWA.

SENATORS GO CAMPAIGN IN IOWA. SO OBVIOUSLY THERE IS SOMETHING

SO OBVIOUSLY THERE IS SOMETHING GOING ON THAT YOU AND I DO NOT

GOING ON THAT YOU AND I DO NOT HAVE THE INSIDE SCOOP ON BECAUSE

HAVE THE INSIDE SCOOP ON BECAUSE I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD BE OVER

I WAS HOPING THIS WOULD BE OVER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW.

TONIGHT OR TOMORROW. QUITE FRANKLY, IT WOULD NOT

QUITE FRANKLY, IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME AT ALL IF ONCE

SURPRISE ME AT ALL IF ONCE PRESIDENT TRUMP IS ACQUITTED

PRESIDENT TRUMP IS ACQUITTED THAT THE HOUSE STARTS US ALL

THAT THE HOUSE STARTS US ALL OVER AGAIN.

OVER AGAIN. THIS WOULD NOT SHOCK ME AT ALL.

THIS WOULD NOT SHOCK ME AT ALL. >> CRITICS ARE BLASTING AT LISA

>> CRITICS ARE BLASTING AT LISA MURKOWSKI AND LAMAR ALEXANDER.

MURKOWSKI AND LAMAR ALEXANDER. THEY ARE EFFECTIVELY SAYING WHAT

THEY ARE EFFECTIVELY SAYING WHAT THE PRESIDENT DID WAS

THE PRESIDENT DID WAS INAPPROPRIATE BUT IT DOES NOT

INAPPROPRIATE BUT IT DOES NOT RISE TO THE LEVEL OF STANDARDS

RISE TO THE LEVEL OF STANDARDS OF THE CONSTITUTION.

OF THE CONSTITUTION. YOU CANNOT ALLOW AN INCOMPLETE

YOU CANNOT ALLOW AN INCOMPLETE RUSHED CASE TO REMOVE A

RUSHED CASE TO REMOVE A PRESIDENT TEN MONTH BEFORE

PRESIDENT TEN MONTH BEFORE VOTERS GET TO DECIDE.

VOTERS GET TO DECIDE. THE POLLS HAVE ALWAYS SHOWN HALF

THE POLLS HAVE ALWAYS SHOWN HALF THE COUNTRY SAYING NO TO

THE COUNTRY SAYING NO TO REMOVING THE PRESIDENT.

REMOVING THE PRESIDENT. WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THE TIMING

WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THE TIMING OF THE NEW YORK TIMES REPORTED

OF THE NEW YORK TIMES REPORTED TODAY THE PRESIDENT DIRECTOR

TODAY THE PRESIDENT DIRECTOR JOHN BOLTON EARLIER THEN

JOHN BOLTON EARLIER THEN REALIZED THE SPRING OF LAST YEAR

REALIZED THE SPRING OF LAST YEAR TO HELP HER UKRAINE TO GET

TO HELP HER UKRAINE TO GET INFORMATION ON DEMOCRATS.

INFORMATION ON DEMOCRATS. HERE IS A DEMOCRAT NARRATIVE

HERE IS A DEMOCRAT NARRATIVE DELEGITIMIZING THE ACQUITTAL

DELEGITIMIZING THE ACQUITTAL THAT IS MEANINGLESS IN A SHAM

THAT IS MEANINGLESS IN A SHAM TRIAL.

TRIAL. >> THIS IS HOW THEY DO THINGS.

>> THIS IS HOW THEY DO THINGS. THIS IS THEIR AMMO, THEY DID IT

THIS IS THEIR AMMO, THEY DID IT IN THE KAVANAUGH HEARING AS

IN THE KAVANAUGH HEARING AS PEOPLE SAY DRIP, DRIP, DRIP, NEW

PEOPLE SAY DRIP, DRIP, DRIP, NEW AND OMINOUS SOURCES AND

AND OMINOUS SOURCES AND BLOCKBUSTER THINGS.

BLOCKBUSTER THINGS. THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE MEDIA

THE PROBLEM IS MOST OF THE MEDIA BUY INTO THIS STUFF.

BUY INTO THIS STUFF. THEY DONT EVEN QUESTION THE

THEY DONT EVEN QUESTION THE TIMING OF IT.

TIMING OF IT. IT IS JUST REALLY, REALLY

IT IS JUST REALLY, REALLY FRUSTRATING, I CANNOT WAIT FOR

FRUSTRATING, I CANNOT WAIT FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BE ACQUITTED.

PRESIDENT TRUMP TO BE ACQUITTED. THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND THE

THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND THE PEOPLE HERE IN ARIZONA ARE SICK

PEOPLE HERE IN ARIZONA ARE SICK OF THIS.

OF THIS. THEY ARE EVEN PAST THE POINT,

THEY ARE EVEN PAST THE POINT, THEY DONT EVEN CARE WHO IS AT

THEY DONT EVEN CARE WHO IS AT FAULT.

FAULT. THEY JUST WANT THIS OVER.

THEY JUST WANT THIS OVER. SO I DONT UNDERSTAND THESE

SO I DONT UNDERSTAND THESE FOLKS THAT JUST WANT TO KEEP

FOLKS THAT JUST WANT TO KEEP GOING ON AND ON.

GOING ON AND ON. ITS ALL POLITICAL.

ITS ALL POLITICAL. ITS ALWAYS BEEN POLITICAL.

ITS ALWAYS BEEN POLITICAL. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH UKRAINIAN --

UKRAINIAN -- >> IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH

>> IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH INFLUENCING THE ELECTION.

INFLUENCING THE ELECTION. >> REPUBLICAN SAY IS

>> REPUBLICAN SAY IS ILLEGITIMATE AND MORE WITNESSES

ILLEGITIMATE AND MORE WITNESSES LIKE JOHN BOLTON WILL NOT CURE

LIKE JOHN BOLTON WILL NOT CURE THE DEFECTIVE CASE EVEN IF

THE DEFECTIVE CASE EVEN IF BOLTON TESTIFIES DEMOCRATS WILL

BOLTON TESTIFIES DEMOCRATS WILL STILL CALL IT A SHAM AND A COVER

STILL CALL IT A SHAM AND A COVER UP.

UP. LETS SHOW THE DEMOCRATS

LETS SHOW THE DEMOCRATS MISTAKES IN THIS CASE AND

MISTAKES IN THIS CASE AND BOMBSHELLS THAT FELL APART,

BOMBSHELLS THAT FELL APART, DELAYING FOR A MONTH, DENYING

DELAYING FOR A MONTH, DENYING THE PRESIDENT THE ABILITY TO

THE PRESIDENT THE ABILITY TO CALL WITNESSES, DENYING THE

CALL WITNESSES, DENYING THE ABILITY TO JUDGE THE MOTIVE OF

ABILITY TO JUDGE THE MOTIVE OF THE WHISTLEBLOWER.

THE WHISTLEBLOWER. WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS THE

WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE BY THE

BIGGEST MISTAKE BY THE DEMOCRATS, WAS IT THE RHETORIC

DEMOCRATS, WAS IT THE RHETORIC LIKE ADAM SCHIFF SAYING YOU

LIKE ADAM SCHIFF SAYING YOU GOTTA REMOVE THE PRESIDENT

GOTTA REMOVE THE PRESIDENT BECAUSE HE WILL CHEAT IN 2020.

BECAUSE HE WILL CHEAT IN 2020. WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS THE

WHAT DO YOU THINK WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT DEMOCRATS

BIGGEST MISTAKE THAT DEMOCRATS MADE AND WHAT WAS THE KEY

MADE AND WHAT WAS THE KEY IMPEACHMENT GAME CHANGER FOR THE

IMPEACHMENT GAME CHANGER FOR THE PRESIDENT?

PRESIDENT? >> THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY

>> THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY EVIDENCE.

EVIDENCE. THEY NEVER HAD ANY EVIDENCE, THE

THEY NEVER HAD ANY EVIDENCE, THE DEMOCRATS HAVE NOT.

DEMOCRATS HAVE NOT. THEY ARE PURELY TRYING TO FIND

THEY ARE PURELY TRYING TO FIND ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO TRY

ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING TO TRY TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT.

TO IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT. JUST THINK ABOUT IT, SIX OUT OF

JUST THINK ABOUT IT, SIX OUT OF THE SEVEN DEMOCRATS HOUSE

THE SEVEN DEMOCRATS HOUSE IMPEACHMENT MANAGERS ALREADY HAD

IMPEACHMENT MANAGERS ALREADY HAD VOTED OR PUBLICLY SUPPORTED

VOTED OR PUBLICLY SUPPORTED IMPEACHMENT BEFORE THE UKRAINIAN

IMPEACHMENT BEFORE THE UKRAINIAN CALL.

CALL. THERE HAS BEEN MULTIPLE VOTES ON

THERE HAS BEEN MULTIPLE VOTES ON ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT ON THE

ARTICLES OF IMPEACHMENT ON THE FLOOR OF HOUSE RESERVE PRESENTED

FLOOR OF HOUSE RESERVE PRESENTED OF TO MOVE FORWARD.

OF TO MOVE FORWARD. AT THE TIME NANCY PELOSI TABLE

AT THE TIME NANCY PELOSI TABLE THERE.

THERE. SO THESE FOLKS HAVE BEEN TRYING

SO THESE FOLKS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO IMPEACH THEM, THEY ARE TRYING

TO IMPEACH THEM, THEY ARE TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING TO GET THEM

TO FIND SOMETHING TO GET THEM ON.

ON. THAT IS THE BIGGEST DOWNFALL,

THAT IS THE BIGGEST DOWNFALL, THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE BECAUSE

THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT DID NOT DO ANY

THE PRESIDENT DID NOT DO ANY IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES.

IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES. >> THEY HAVE HEARSAY EVIDENCE,

>> THEY HAVE HEARSAY EVIDENCE, NOT REALLY DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE.

NOT REALLY DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE. >> THEY HAD LOTS OF HEARSAY,

>> THEY HAD LOTS OF HEARSAY, LOTS OF PRESUMPTIONS, NOT ONE OF

LOTS OF PRESUMPTIONS, NOT ONE OF THE SINGLE DEMOCRAT WITNESSES,

THE SINGLE DEMOCRAT WITNESSES, BY THE WAY THEY WERE ALL

BY THE WAY THEY WERE ALL DEMOCRAT WITNESSES, THE

DEMOCRAT WITNESSES, THE REPUBLICANS WANTED OTHER

REPUBLICANS WANTED OTHER WITNESSES AND WE WERE REJECTED.

WITNESSES AND WE WERE REJECTED. NOT ONE OF THEM WAS ABLE TO

NOT ONE OF THEM WAS ABLE TO ESTABLISH THAT THE PRESIDENT DID

ESTABLISH THAT THE PRESIDENT DID ONE SINGLE IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE.

ONE SINGLE IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE. IN THE DEMOCRATS ADMIT THEY DO

IN THE DEMOCRATS ADMIT THEY DO NOT HAVE A CRIME, THERE IS NO

NOT HAVE A CRIME, THERE IS NO CRIME, THEY JUST KEEP SAYING WE

CRIME, THEY JUST KEEP SAYING WE DO NOT NEED A CRIME.

DO NOT NEED A CRIME. THAT IS TECHNICALLY TRUE BUT

THAT IS TECHNICALLY TRUE BUT DONT YOU THINK THE AMERICAN

DONT YOU THINK THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WOULD EXPECT IF YOU ARE

PEOPLE WOULD EXPECT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE

GOING TO THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES THAT HE WOULD AT

UNITED STATES THAT HE WOULD AT LEAST HAVE TO HAVE COMMITTED

LEAST HAVE TO HAVE COMMITTED SOME TYPE OF CRIME.

SOME TYPE OF CRIME. THEY SAY THERE IS NO CRIME.

THEY SAY THERE IS NO CRIME. >> PEOPLE ARE SAYING HE RAN

>> PEOPLE ARE SAYING HE RAN THROUGH THE RED LIGHT AND SHOULD

THROUGH THE RED LIGHT AND SHOULD BE PENALIZED SOMEHOW BUT THE

BE PENALIZED SOMEHOW BUT THE HOUSE DID IMPEACHMENT.

HOUSE DID IMPEACHMENT. IS THAT ENOUGH OF A PENALTY?

IS THAT ENOUGH OF A PENALTY? >> THE DEMOCRATS ARE NOT GOING

>> THE DEMOCRATS ARE NOT GOING TO STOP.

TO STOP. AND THE REASON HE WAS

AND THE REASON HE WAS IMPEACHED --

IMPEACHED -- >> ARE YOU HEARING THEYRE NOT

>> ARE YOU HEARING THEYRE NOT GOING TO STOP?

GOING TO STOP? >> YOU KNOW, I HAVE LIVED

>> YOU KNOW, I HAVE LIVED THROUGH THIS ALL OF 2019 SINCE

THROUGH THIS ALL OF 2019 SINCE THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER POWER IN

THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER POWER IN THE U.S. HOUSE OF

THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

REPRESENTATIVES. THIS HAS BEEN NONSTOP,

THIS HAS BEEN NONSTOP, INVESTIGATION AFTER

INVESTIGATION AFTER INVESTIGATION.

INVESTIGATION. WE STARTED OUT WITH ROBERT

WE STARTED OUT WITH ROBERT MUELLER, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE

MUELLER, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE RUSSIA COLLUSION, THAT FLOPPED

RUSSIA COLLUSION, THAT FLOPPED THEN THEY WENT TO OBSTRUCTION OF

THEN THEY WENT TO OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE, THAT FLOPPED, THEN THEY

JUSTICE, THAT FLOPPED, THEN THEY WENT TO THE UKRAINIAN CALL.

WENT TO THE UKRAINIAN CALL. IT IS NONSTOP.

IT IS NONSTOP. THESE FOLKS WANT TO INFLUENCE

THESE FOLKS WANT TO INFLUENCE THE 2020 ELECTION AND I BELIEVE

THE 2020 ELECTION AND I BELIEVE IF WE HAD 100 WITNESSES COME

IF WE HAD 100 WITNESSES COME FORWARD AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF

FORWARD AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM WAS ON DONALD TRUMP SIDE,

THEM WAS ON DONALD TRUMP SIDE, THEY WOULD STILL WANT TO IMPEACH

THEY WOULD STILL WANT TO IMPEACH HIM.

HIM. SO THIS IS JUST POLITICAL, THIS

SO THIS IS JUST POLITICAL, THIS IS ALL THIS IS.

IS ALL THIS IS. AND I AGREE WITH PRESIDENT

AND I AGREE WITH PRESIDENT TRUMP, ITS A WITCH-HUNT.

TRUMP, ITS A WITCH-HUNT. AND THESE PEOPLE ARE RUTHLESS.

AND THESE PEOPLE ARE RUTHLESS. I CAME TO CONGRESS WANTING TO

I CAME TO CONGRESS WANTING TO GET THINGS DONE AND I DID NOT

GET THINGS DONE AND I DID NOT THINK IT WAS GOING TO BE THAT

The Description of Senate rejects motion to call witnesses, 51-49