In a journey to everywhere
Between cities and nations
In the presence of the Wise Remembrance
The Lord of all hearts Has unified us... Has unified us all.
And for the sake of memorizing the book
We have knocked every door
We shall continue this right path, before things come to an end
Dear memorizer of the Qur'an
Remember that in your heart, are the words of Allah Almighty swt
This what makes the Qur'an miraculous
" Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian."
No matter how much the haters of Qur'an try, they shall never erase it from your heart
This is exactly what happened in Turkey!
Sheikh Abdullah Ustah told us that; 50 years ago, they were banned from learning the Qur'an!
Authorities would actually punish all who try to learn it
But the sheikh said " We fought by our hearts, knowing that the Qur'an is our true victory"
He said " I learned it at the age of 7..."
" But not in school, but we learned it hiding in dark rooms"
" I memorized it in places where no one could see me, except for Allah swt"
And over the years, and with this Qur'an that the sheikh learned, he taught his family
And he continued to spread the knowledge of Qur'an everywhere, until he founded a Qur'an learning centre
The Center of the Green Masjid, a place in which he teaches the Turkish youth the Qur'an
He graduated thousands! Imagine 50 years of only working with the Qur'an
He graduated thousands of Hufadh of Allah's words
Why? Because he preserved it in his heart since he was 7
This is the miracle of the Quran. Said the truth when He said:
" Rather, the Qur'an is distinct verses"
"[preserved] within the breasts of those who have been given knowledge."
"And none reject Our verses except the wrongdoers."
Sheikh Abdullah Ustah Uthman Oglo is a man who was raised with the Qur'an
He used to hide in empty places and between the bushes to memorize the Qur'an
He used to hide from the Armies of the ruling government then,
who scanned the lands searching for the Hufadh to assault them
My dear viewers, this is the most amazing meeting that I had in this entire show
I am at the Center of the Green Masjid for memorizing the Noble Qur'an
This amazing facility you see, was nothing 50 years ago
And who's my interviewee; he's sheikh Abdullah Ustah, the founder of this great institute
that made thousands and thousands of Hufadh
I congratulate him for such blessing, and wish to hear his story
I'm just about to hear it for the 1st time, just like you!
Our dear sheikh Abdullah will tell us about the very beginning of this center!
In the name of Allah, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
I was born in a village by the Black Sea,
and I started memorizing the Qur'an at the age of 4, at the masjid
One day, we were 18 people sitting and learning from the Imam of the masjid
We suddenly heard a man knocking down the door
The teacher, his name was Mustafah, may Allah have mercy on him, a man with great knowledge
He evacuated us all through the window into an opening into the ground
When I went back to home, the lower half of me was heavily soiled by mud as I walked
Through the fields, and it was raining too
My mother asked me, what happened to you, and why didn't you come through a clean road
- All I said, is Hussh - You were scared
But she kept wondering. I told her that militants, colonialists were spying on houses
Sheikh Abdulla Ustah is a serious and hardworking man,
He invested all his time and health in the teaching of Qur'an
He knows no rest, praying, advising, lecturing, and raising thousands of youth
And he teaches youth from all over Turkey, at no cost
They also come from Cyprus, Middle Asia, and Caucasus
Beside tens of other Qur'an schools that he founded
- Sheikh, how was it like to memorize the Qur'an 50 years ago?
- Was it as easy as it is today?
- Was it easy? I really wish to know!
- By Allah I don't know how we survived that time!
- People were in fear, difficulty, and poverty. It was hard life
- And you used to hide to learn Qur'an? - Yes I had to!
- I actually don't like to speak much about that past,
- I only go back to reflect on the great changes that happen in this world
- That has been replaced with a blessing
- Yes, blessing. When I came to this place, there was no Masjid,
- no school. All these lands where for wheat
- We made a small Masjid here, and afterwards, we met some Kuwaiti brothers.
- It was our first time meeting anyone from there, and they had much love;
- Shatib and Nadhir An-nouri,
- may Allah swt bless them, they supported us much - And now you have this centre!
- 2 month ago, Abdullah Almatouq visited us! He also visited us last year.
- Their help to us was very generous.
- This is why we invite all the Kuwaitis;
-leaders, and citizens, young and old, to visit us
- It's by Allah's will - That's for sure
- They due to your efforts - May Allah forgive me. I only brought these people together
- It's because you were so keen on teaching the people in your country the Book of Allah AWT,
- and I can honestly see this in you even as of now sheikh
- You love the people of the Qur'an, and your children hold the Qur'an
- That's why you find people on your service
- My team and I could not believe it when we saw this institute,
- and learned that it was nothing 50 years ago
- And now your children have graduated from it, and started teaching here as well
- I ask Allah to give you a long blessed life sheikh - Ameen, for all of us
- I really enjoyed meeting you!
"..Our Qur'an...is a clear light...for the worshipers...over the centuries."
" It is a light upon light for us. It is our way to eternal happiness."
" It has the cure of the hearts"
" And its clear evidence is within its lines"
" It is our interceder on the day of judgment."
" It was descended with the trusted angel"
One of the important tips that helps you memorize the book of Allah swt, revising it
and keeping it in your heart
is participating in Qur'anic competitions
Always be keen to take part in such competitions
Why?! What is the reason?!
These competitions help you always keep connected to the Qur'an
Our prophet, may peace and blessings be upon him,
told us how easily we might forget the Qur'an
That's why consistent revision is essential for engraving what you memorized
Competitions are everywhere! At schools, international, or organized by institutions
There are many of them locally and internationally, and you must take a part
I have experienced this myself
If it hadn't been that I participated much- especially at the beginning, when my memorization was fresh and weak
I started by school competitions. Since I was in grade 9 and till I finished high school.
And I won some of them, and it just boosted my memorization
Then I started participating in international competitions
By Allah's bless I got the second place
The benefit that you can take is that such competitions
allows you to compete with others and strengthen your memorization
Just as Allah swt said "... So for this let the competitors compete."
The most exhausting journey we had in Morocco,
was the one we had from Shifshawn area, to the mountains of Tazroot
It was a very long journey,
and driving along the mountain road was difficult as well
But I immediately forgot all that pain, as soon as I saw the young children
competing over the memorization of the Qur'an
"... In the presence of the Wise Remembrance"
" The Lord of all hearts Has unified us... Has unified us all."
"And for the sake of memorizing the book"
" We have knocked every door"
" we shall continue this right path... "
By Allah's favour, we have finally reached Tazroot city, coming from Shifshawn
We came to see the Hufadh of this area
The journey was truly hard for every one of my team
We were also driving on a very dangerous mountain road
So we really want to meet those people.
We also want to show you how far this book of Allah has reached
Even in this very remote area and among high mountains,
you find many who love and learn the Qur'an, what a miracle
A hard, but very enjoyable journey
" Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence."
" Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep."
" To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth."
" Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission?!"
" He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them"
- Beautiful, surat Al-Ma`arij! - read it
" In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful."
" A supplicant asked for a punishment bound to happen"
" To the disbelievers; of it there is no preventer"
" [It is] from Allah , owner of the ways of ascent."
" The angels and the Spirit will ascend to Him"
"during a Day the extent of which is fifty thousand years."
" So be patient with gracious patience."
" Indeed, they see it [as] distant,"
" But We see it [as] near."
" On the Day the sky will be like murky oil,"
Allah, the Almighty, always says the truth
- Beautiful! You wrote this? - Yes - May Allah preserve you
This is a certificate of recognition that is given to the one who successfully memorizes the Qur'an
- It belongs to this sheikh! What's your name? - Muhammad
- May Allah bless you Sheikh Muhammad, can you recite to us?
" Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity."
" It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained,
and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned."
"Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred... "
- I ask Allah Almighty to bless you.
- The sheikh was touched by your recitation and these words
- I ask Allah Almighty to make us of the people of the Qur'an - Ameen
- To elevate our ranks by the Qur'an, - Ameen
- and to make it our friend in this life, and our witness in the hereafter - Ameen
The most enjoyable moments I had in this show,
were when I sit with a very young hafidh
In my company now Sheikh Yusuf, may Allah preserve him
His father talked to me before we started,
and told me of an amazing story he had with Yusuf
He said " I used to love sports,
so I used to walk Yusuf to the kindergarten every day when he was 3 years old"
He said " Instead of wasting that walk in talking,
I would spend it with the Qur'an"
Through this, he discovered that his son had a strong memory to learn the Qur'an
Note how important it is to spend the time with your child wisely to teach them the Qur'an
Just recite the Qur'an, especially in such young age, they will pick it from you!
He said " I continued doing so,
until he finished kindergarten having memorized Juzz A`mma!"
Then he started a beautiful journey with the Qur'an
Let's hear it from the beautiful sheikh Yusuf, who fully memorized the Qur'an
- How are you sheikh? I hope you are well! - All praise is to Allah
- Tell us how were those days? When you walked with your father to kindergarten
- We used to walk and memorize 2 verses going, and another 2 on the way back
- So 4 verses every day! - Yes, and the next day he listens to my memorization of these verses
- And this is how you memorized the Qur'an! - Yes
- How old were you when you memorized it all? - 9 years!
- Was it hard, Yusuf? - Only at the beginning, and then it got easy
- Praise is to Allah who makes it easy
- And which reciter do you like the most?
- I love sheikh Mustafa Ismail, sheikh Al-Minshawi,
and sheikh Muhammad Imran. I love them all!
- Can you recite to me with proper Tajweed? Just like Al-Minshawi?
Allah is Greater... "In the name of Allah , the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful... Recite"
" Recite in the name of your Lord who created"
" Created man from a clinging substance."
" Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous"
" Who taught by the pen"
" Taught man that which he knew not."
Allah, the Almighty, always says the truth
Beautiful is Allah's will, sheikh
I ask Allah to make you a great teacher of the Qur'an, for your voice is so soothing
Can you recite to us Like Sheikh Mustafa Ismail?
I seek refuge in Allah from the cursed Shaytan
" Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth"
"and the alternation of the night and the day are signs"
"... are signs for those of understanding."
" Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides"
"... and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth,"
" [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing];""
""...then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.""
" Our Lord, indeed whoever You admit to the Fire - You have disgraced him"
"... and for the wrongdoers there are no helpers."
Ma sha' Allah, blessed is the Most Merciful
Lucky we are to hear this beautiful voice,
and lucky your father, who can listen to you every single day
I ask Allah Almighty to preserve you,
and protect you from all the evils and envies
By the way, sheikh Yusuf is only thirteen and half years old only,
but he recites in a way that I know, only older and experienced Qari's can achieve!
Ma'sha'Allah, blessed is the Most Merciful