- Hi, I'm Becky.
- And I'm Katie.
- And we are trying every hot breakfast item from Starbucks.
On a week day, I just throw a banana down my throat
just to be alive, and then on the weekend if I'm hungover
then it's definitely Starbucks.
- I almost always eat breakfast.
Generally I'll make an egg bake or something
that I'll have. - What?!
- Or sometimes I make little egg cups.
- I am very familiar with a Starbucks breakfast.
I almost purposely make sure I move into buildings
with a Starbucks on the corner.
- That's a commitment.
- It's actually quite easy.
- Yeah they're everywhere (laughs).
- This is the classic oatmeal.
- We've got little packets.
We are building our own, building our own little oatmeal.
Here we got brown sugar, it looks like,
some fruit, nuts, are you allergic to nuts?
- No, I just don't like them. - Agreed.
So, should we go all in?
That's a lot of sugar, I'm gonna go all in.
- Whoa, it made a whole layer!
- What dried fruit do we have?
It looks like cranberries of different colors.
Will you do the honors of mixing this?
- Yes. Here we go.
- So far, loving the activity part of this.
- This is fun, you could do this with a friend like us.
- Or you could do it alone, on the bus.
That was a rhyme.
- Okay, should we...
- It's not ready yet!
I'm late for work.
- (laughs) You go first.
- And then, I won't look at your face.
- Mmm, that's pretty good when you make it properly,
when you don't leave all the ingredients out like I do.
- Why would you leave all the ingredients out?
- Because I wasn't eating sugar
and Starbucks put so much sugar in everything.
- I like it.
- I give that a yes, because it's customizable,
it's compact, and it's clever.
- It's an activity to do with friends.
This is a maybe and what I mean is
it's a maybe cause it just needs to be the right settings.
Like if it's a rainy day, then I'm gonna go for that guy.
We have the reduced-fat turkey bacon
which is my favorite so far that I've had before.
So it's a wheat English muffin, egg, white cheddar.
- And disappointing bacon.
- Oh, at the same time?
- Yeah. - Okay, lets...
Okay, we've got this.
- [Both] One, two, three.
- Tastes like a warm blanket.
- Yeah, got the texture of a blanket.
- This is an obvious yes.
Definitely is my go to.
- Yeah, I don't hate it.
It's fine, it just tastes healthy.
I don't want to be shamed ever again
into eating this sandwich.
So I'm always going to pick the sandwich I like more.
Therefore it's a no.
It's not disgusting, it's just not my sandwich of choice.
- We'll just agree to disagree.
- This is a sausage, egg and cheddar breakfast sandwich.
- All right, this is like a classic breakfast sandwich.
Are you ready?
- I love this.
- I'd like it a little crispier.
- Crispier, eh?
- So maybe if there's a way to toast it a little more.
- A word of advice, if you're ever hungover
one of these and a full-fat Monster Energy Drink.
Doesn't matter how early you get up.
- This is a maybe.
- This is a yes and I'm gonna keep eating it.
- Oh, all right.
- Double-smoked bacon, cheddar, egg sandwich.
- Okay, ooo it's on a-- - Wow!
- Kind of flat croissant.
- Ready, yep, mm-hmm.
- It tastes like a Starbucks coffee, why?
Can you taste coffee?
- I think the smoke is what you're tasting as coffee.
Even though this is a very flat croissant
so texture-wise not the fluffiest.
I would say the buttery croissant is very delicious.
- I like it, yeah.
It's probably one of the highest calorie ones.
So I probably wouldn't pick it.
- For me, this is a yes.
- I think I'm gonna have to go with yes.
It's a nice decadent one.
Maybe another good hangover one.
- This is the sous vide, egg white and red pepper
little egg cuppy looking things.
I've gotta say, it's dense.
- It's very dense.
That's gotta be the densest thing on the planet.
- Like a tiny omelet.
- It's a little bit mushy.
- It reminds me of something you'd get at a weird party.
The more I eat, the more I'm a maybe.
- What about you?
- Yeah, I'm a maybe.
It just wouldn't be the first thing.
- But I wouldn't not eat it.
- Continuing with the sous vide bites,
this is ham, cheddar and peppers.
I'll take one out and then you take one out.
- Ooo I like the, you know more of the egg look,
not the egg white look.
Still very dense.
It's very kind of quiche-y.
- It's like a quiche.
- I like this.
The cheese is good.
I'm down, I'm 100, I'm in.
- I'm 100.
- You're sold, and I'm in.
Is this a double yes?
- Continuing with the sous vide eggs,
these are the bacon and I can't do it--
- Gruyere? Gruyere? Gruyere?
However you want to say it.
It's very rich.
I don't know if there's like butter in this
but then the bacon grease.
I like it, but I like the other one better.
- I like both equally.
This one does feel a little richer.
- It's a maybe if I'm feeling really indulgent then yes,
but it wouldn't be something
if I just wanted a quick little light like a light bite,
it would be a no.
- Sous vide egg again, when will they end?
Chicken chorizo and tortillas.
- This sounds delicious.
- This sounds, yeah this is a fun one.
- I'm all in.
- I do love Mexican food-- - Insane.
- and this is Mexican-inspired I guess.
- Oh my god it tastes like a tortilla.
- I love this.
- It tastes like chilaquiles.
- Is that cilantro?
There's an herb I'm getting in here that tastes really good.
- It's cilantro.
- [Both] Yes!
- I don't like it (laughs).
- Oh, I love it!
- I don't like it.
I don't like it, it's weird.
- This is a chicken sausage and bacon biscuit sandwich.
- All right.
- Oh wait.
God bless America, mixing that sweet with that savory.
- I know.
- This is recently my go to but only when I'm
I keep, I'm not an alcoholic.
Only when I'm hungover.
- It is so rich with the biscuit and the sweetness
that I couldn't do it all the time.
This would just be when I really want to treat myself.
So this is a yes.
- Hell yeah!
This is a
- [Both] Two hell yeah!
- Bacon, gouda, egg sandwich.
- I don't know if it's good.
It doesn't deserve the fanfare.
Let's do that at the end.
- Is this what we call a ciabatta bread?
- Yeah, this is a ciabatta.
- Okay, it's a little dry.
- Yeah, I've never really been much of a panini woman.
- This isn't a panini!
A panini would be pressed, more cheese.
- No just that dusty, hard bread.
Do you know what I mean?
It's square all the time?
- This is a no for me.
It's not terrible, it's just, there's been better.
- I'm going to give it,
you know what, on a weekday if I was in a rush,
and I didn't want to eat badly for the weekday,
I might get this.
I'm gonna give it like a low-end maybe.
- This is the spinach and feta and egg white breakfast wrap.
- Wow! - I've had it before.
- You have? - Mmm-hmm.
I like it.
- It looks a bit--
- I think you're gonna be surprised.
Sun-dried tomatoes are in there.
- Oooo! - You're getting that?
- I like the sun-dried.
- That's key.
- I like it!
I'm very pleasantly surprised.
I thought I'd hate it because it looks dry and healthy.
- Like my ex-wife.
- I would eat this for dinner.
I would eat this for lunch.
I'd eat it for breakfast.
It's like super, it tastes more like a sandwich to me
even though there's egg in it.
- I wouldn't eat it for breakfast actually, you're right.
I would prefer it for lunch.
- Yes. It's a yes!
- I'm going to give it a lunchtime yes.
- A lunchtime yes (laughs).
It's a breakfast item but it's a lunchtime yes.
- Roasted ham, swiss and egg breakfast sandwich.
- Oh look, there's another breakfast sandwich.
- Another croissant.
Ready? - Okay, yes I am.
I'm really full.
- I like the Swiss on this!
I'm gonna say something right now.
This is my favorite.
- Dropped the sandwich.
- Dropped the sandwich because it's so good.
This is my favorite. - It's your favorite?
- That Swiss on there with the salt
and then the sweet, buttery croissant?
Yes, I'm all in.
I'm doing this.
- For me, it's a little dry.
- Are we eating the same sandwich?
- I'm gonna give this one a maybe
just based on the fact that it has a croissant which I like.
I like croissants in general.
And it's not bad, so it's a maybe.
- This is the spicy chorizo, Monterey jack and egg sandwich.
- Oh, it's got flecks of color in it.
Like herbs and such.
Oh wait, you ready for this?
- (laughs) that was loud.
Not for breakfast for me but I like it.
I mean I like chorizo.
- It's too dry.
It just needs a sauce with it.
- You're right.
All these sandwiches are relatively dry.
There's no sauce.
- Which I get because it would make it soggy.
You know storing it, - That's true.
- It's smart and the cheese is helping that,
but this type of bread is a little too dry for me.
This is a maybe almost no.
- Yeah, I'm going to give it a maybe
just because I would probably,
maybe I would eat that for lunch sometime.
This is more of a lunchtime episode.
It's a lunchtime maybe.
- It's a lunchtime maybe.
We did it!
It's happened, all the items.
I didn't know we could make it, but we did.
- I'm so full of eggs and bread.
We tasted some really great stuff.
Some, you know, all right,
but I'm impressed with the variety, really, that they have.
- I'm glad we learned all this,
because I didn't know they made this many things
and now if my favorite item isn't available
perhaps I wouldn't be as angry about a replacement.
- [Katie] We tried them and now you should try them
and let us know what your favorites are.
- [Becky] Did we insult your favorite Starbucks item?
Do you agree with us?
What'd you reckon?
Let us know in the comments.
(light jazzy music)