- You look very athletic.
- I like to be physical.
- That sounded dirty, but-
- My name is Sheena.
I'm here to find some good sperm for a strong baby.
- I'm Daveon.
- To possibly pick a potential sperm donor.
- That process is very interesting considering
both of us are trans men.
- I can't do it. I just can't.
- This is something I've been wanting to do for a long time
and I've kinda put it on hold.
There are a lot of women out there like me, who,
you know, are maybe mid-30s and just haven't
found the right person yet.
Now that's kind of what I want to focus on.
Just have a kid.
It'd be great if they're strong.
If they have a nice physique.
I kinda want to know a bit about personality.
What are their tendencies? Do they have any hidden talents?
- The biggest thing is ethnicity.
They can't just be full Caucasian.
- I guess so. As ready as I'll ever be.
- Very interesting.
- Very, very interesting.
- Oh God.
What's good, hey.
How's it going?
- Alright, what's up?
- Kellen. - Thai.
- Nice to meet you. Kellen.
- We have a list.
- Yeah. - Oh God.
Tall, dark and handsome.
- What are you basing your selection off of?
- For me, what my gut says.
- (snaps) What does it say right now?
- Alright, right away- - Cool.
- I could do that. (laughs)
- Family medical history 'cause there's a lot of
genetic mutations that people have.
- I will say that out of my four grandparents,
three of them lived to 92 or beyond.
From the genetic perspective, as far as longevity,
I mean, we're looking pretty good.
- What else? You had to be some sort of black.
No, no. - Well ethnic.
- You have to have some flavor.
- I like him.
- I like you, Kellen.
- Okay, would you consider having my child?
- I would. These features would work really well together.
- I think so too. I mean, she is quite attractive.
- Oh, thank you, thank you, Kellen.
- I feel like it's hard to follow that up.
- Thomas? - Nice to meet you.
First, I see the blue lipstick.
I don't even know what to ask. It's so interesting.
- Well, I mean...
I'm from Argentina. I guess that's one place to start.
I was born there, however, Argentina is as white
as things get in South America.
- But you have curly hair so.
- Yeah, I know. (laughs)
Yeah, I got great curly hair.
- Do you have any allergies or asthma?
- No, no, no.
Biggest thing that I have in terms of genetics
would be ADHD.
It's a rough time, especially being undiagnosed for a while.
- I think intelligence is very sexy, first off.
- I currently have been accepted into medical school,
where I would get my MD to be a medical doctor and also
get my PhD to do research.
- I like hearing your aspirations. You have drive.
Yes, I would consider you.
- Awesome, thank you.
- I'm curious as to what your guys' support system
for a child is.
- My family, initially there was a lot of hesitation.
They were hesitant, not necessarily about me having a baby,
not my ability to take care of it, but more so my safety
in regards to carrying a child.
- Do you guys think you would consider me?
- I like you.
- I like you too.
- Definitely a potential candidate.
- Hi. - Hi.
- How you doing?
- Good. - I'm Sheena.
- Nice to meet you, thank you.
I'm a little older than some of the other folks around here.
- I see that. How old are you?
- I'm 53.
- You said you're 53?
I know it's old-ish.
- The sperm, don't you have to be under 34?
The sperm count goes down. - Has to do with fertility.
- Yeah, yeah.
- Initially, I wouldn't feel attracted, but the thing is
we're not looking for-
- Right. - A relationship.
- We're creating a new life.
- Why have you decided that you would like to donate?
- I'm just trying to give a gift to the gene pool.
- Well, that's he's white?
- I am what you see, slightly balding, slightly chubby,
but I'm still a professional singer.
(raps) Ten bad bitches in a mansion, wrist on molly rock,
diamonds on my dancing, when you're working hard
and your money start expanding.
I got bottle bitches wanna lick me like some candy.
Would you like to have a baby with all of this?
- No one told us it was gonna be hard to say no.
- Aaron. - Aaron. Sheena.
You look very athletic.
- I like to be physical.
- That sounded dirty, but...
- What's your motivation?
Why do you want to be a sperm donor?
- I've been asked before to donate and it's opened my eyes.
My sister had to go through a donation and I just see
how much joy a donation can bring to a person.
- You're very in tune with other people.
Someone asks you for help, you're willing to be there.
I think you definitely pass round one.
- Would you guys consider me or like?
- Yes. - Oh yeah.
- Hi, I'm Sheena.
- I'm Wes.
- Why did you decide you'd like to donate?
- This whole process is kind of the future of humanity.
The whole room...
So I'm a transhumanist.
- Never heard of that.
- I believe that the next step in human evolution
is genetic engineering, genetic tampering,
integration with robotics, electronics.
- Well, thank you.
- What's your first impression?
- No. - No.
- I'm Gi Fu.
- Gi Fu, Sheena.
- Nice to meet you.
- Nice to meet you.
- What brings you here?
- I am a gay man.
I realize that in the future I probably won't have
a very high chance of having a child.
- For whatever reason, folks don't think queer folks
in the community can also meet other queer folks
in the community and have a conversation about fertility
so I think that's dope.
- Have you already had any experience with donation?
- So I saw an ad on my college campus when I was at Udub.
They didn't want my sperm. - Oh!
- I don't know why. They didn't say why.
They were like no, it's okay we don't want you.
Would you consider me as a sperm donor?
- By your package so far, I wouldn't say no.
I am a little bit concerned as to why Udub said no.
That would be something I would want to figure out
before going through a process like that.
- Hello there.
- I'm Eric.
- Eric, Sheena.
Nice to meet you Eric.
How old are you, Eric?
- I am 18. - Okay.
- As of a couple weeks ago.
- What do you do?
- I'm a student.
- Where at?
- Nova High School.
- Oh, you're in high school?
- I'm a senior this year.
- That's crazy.
- That'll be a no, bud.
- You're 18 and you're thinking of donating?
- Yeah, as humans have evolved, adolescence has been
the time to have kids.
Maybe 18 year old sperm is the best kind to have,
the most effective.
- My gut says no, don't rob the cradle for another baby.
Save the best for last maybe.
- Maybe! You have a lovely smile.
I noticed it when you came in.
- Thank you.
- What attributes do you have to offer to a potential child?
- I think I love myself and I think a person like me
would be really good.
I think I'm really positive.
I like to read books.
I'm really athletic.
I eat food that's quite healthy.
I drink water.
What do I watch? Documentaries so I learn a lot of things.
- So what do you do?
- I'm a finance major and
I also play soccer on the side too.
- How good are you?
- In the summertime, we're gonna go and try out
for a professional team over in Mexico.
That's gonna be pretty cool.
I'm from Kenya, by the way.
You guys would be getting some genes from Africa.
- They know we're gonna say yes.
- Yeah, he passes round one.
I love your energy.
- Awesome, nice meeting you, Sheena.
- Yes, I loved meeting you.
So many to choose from, it makes it worse for me.
- Okay, we know this one's first.
Okay, you three can hang out out here.
- Thomas, come this way.
- (whispers) This way.
- We're good.
- We're good.
- Generally, this is for the most part the set up.
- We're all here.
- What's good?
- Did I not make the cut, Brian?
- I raised it, I raised it.
- I would like it, if it were possible, just in the event
when the baby gets older, if the child has questions,
I want them to be able to have that option.
Even if they choose not to pursue it.
- Really for me, making a decision like that is not
something that I would just decide now and go with it.
You get to know someone a little more intimately.
I mean, y'all can have my phone number
and Facebook and all that stuff, you know.
- Y'all were great, thank you!