Practice English Speaking&Listening with: Closing In On Trump? Vet Of Office Pursuing Trump Org Says DA 'Going For Indictments'

Normal
(0)
Difficulty: 0

GOT TO MAKE DONALD TRUMP VERY

WORRIED.

>> YEAH, NEAL.

THATS A GREAT POINT BECAUSE IT

GOES TO THE FACT THAT DONALD

TRUMP IS LEGALLY NAKED AT THIS

POINT.

HE DOESNT HAVE THE POWERS OF

THE PRESIDENT.

SOME OF WHICH DO AFFORD A

DIFFERENT LEVEL OF REVIEW.

HE CAN CERTAINLY USE THAT DELAY

HIS TAX RETURNS AFTER GETTING TO

THIS PROBE.

HE DOESNT HAVE BILL BARR, WHO

MAY HAVE ACCORDING TO DOJ

VETERANS WHO DEMANDED HIS

RESIGNATION.

HE DOESNT HAVE AN ATTORNEY

AGAIN RAL USING OR ABUSING THOSE

EXPANSIVE POWERS TO BUY HIM TIME

TO GET HIM TRICKS OF THE TRADE

TO GET THE OTHER STORY WE WERE

GOING TO COVER UNTIL THIS TODAY

TO GET HIM TO BASICALLY DE-FANG

ON WHAT THEY WORKED ON IN THEIR

FACT FINDING.

HE ALSO DOESNT HAVE, AS YOU

SAY, THE ARMORMENTS THAT MANY

FANCY RICH PEOPLE DO, WHICH IS

ALL THE FANCY LAWYERS.

YOU CAN WATCH A MOVIE OR

BILLIONS AND SEE, OH, BOY, IF

YOU HAVE ENOUGH LAWYERS

SOMETIMES THAT CAN MAKE A

DIFFERENCE.

AS YOU SAY, NOT IN THE GRAND

JURY ROOM BECAUSE YOU ARE IN

THERE ALONE PRESSED ON THESE

QUESTIONS IN A VERY SERIOUS WAY.

AS FOR WHAT YOU MENTIONED IN

REPORTING LAST NIGHT WHICH

NICOLE ALSO MENTIONED, WE TRY TO

FOLLOW THE WITNESSES AROUND HERE

BECAUSE WE SAID THIS, ANDREW,

BACK IN YOUR DAY WITH MUELLER

AND WE SAY WITH IT CY VANCE.

IF THE INVESTIGATORS WANT TO

TALK TO THESE PEOPLE, THEN WE

DO, TOO.

HERE IS SOME OF WHAT THEY TOLD

US IN THAT INTERVIEW LAST NIGHT.

>> WHAT IS THE WORD OR SUBJECT

THAT INVESTIGATORS ASKED MOST

ABOUT?

>> FOLLOW THE MONEY.

>> TAXES.

>> ALLEN WEISSELBERG.

THEYRE GOING TO FLIP ON EACH

OTHER LIKE ITS GOING OUT OF

STYLE.

>> NEAL?

>> YEAH.

SO I THINK, YOU KNOW, ALL OF

THAT PLUS THEY ALSO MADE THE

VERY SIMPLE POINT, WHICH IS THIS

IS LIKE A CLASSIC PRISONERS

DILEMMA RIGHT NOW.

EVEN IF ALL THE DIFFERENT PEOPLE

WANT TO BE LOYAL TO TRUMP, THEY

ALL ARE BEING TOLD BY

PROSECUTORS AND THEY KNOW THAT

UNLESS THEY COME IN AND

COOPERATE, SOMEONE ELSE MAY FLIP

AGAINST THEM.

AND DONALD TRUMP IS NOT EXACTLY

THE KIND OF GUY WHO INSPIRES

LOYALTY, SO YOU CANT SIT THERE

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THESE OTHER

PEOPLE SAYING, OH, TRUMP IS NOT

GOING TO TURN ON ME.

OF COURSE THEY WILL AND THEY

KNOW THAT AHEAD OF TIME, SO

THEYRE MUCH MORE LIKELY, EVEN

IF THEY HAVE ROYALTY IN THEIR

BONES, TO TURN ON DONALD TRUMP.

GRAND JURIES OF COURSE HAVE THE

POWER TO ISSUE SUBPOENAS ON

THEIR OWN, WHICH IS ANOTHER

IMPORTANT POINT.

THEY CAN ASK ALL OF THESE PEOPLE

WERE DOCUMENTS AND OTHER THINGS

AND PROSECUTORS NOW DONT HAVE

TO RELY ON, YOU KNOW, RUDY

GIULIANI TO TELL THEM WHAT

THEYRE LOOKING FOR ON LIVE TV.

THEY HAVE THE POWER THEMSELVES

THROUGH THE GRAND JURY TO GET

THIS MATERIAL.

>> WE HAVE MORE FROM THAT THAT I

WANT TO PLAY FOR ANALYSIS.

MICHAEL COHEN IS SOMEONE WHO

FIGURED INTO BOTH PROBES.

ALTHOUGH, MUELLER ULTIMATELY

HANDED HIM OFF TO THE FEDERAL

PROSECUTORS IN NEW YORK FOR

VIEWERS KEEPING TRACT BECAUSE

DONALD TRUMP HAS A LOT OF OTHER

LEGAL PROBLEMS.

THIS IS NOT SDNY, THE FEDS.

THIS IS THE LOCAL PROSECUTORS,

WHICH HAVE MAXIMUM ATONMY.

IT IS THE NEW YORK ATTORNEY

GENERAL AND THE NEW YORK DA.

IT IS HARVEY DENT FOR THOSE

USING THE BATMAN LENS, WHICH CAN

SOMETIMES BE HELPFUL.

GIVEN THAT YOU HAVE DEALT WITH

THESE INDIVIDUALS ON YOUR SIDE,

I HAVE TO ASK YOU: DO YOU HAVE

ANY SENSE OF DEJA VU AND DO YOU

HAVE ANY SENSE AS TO WHETHER

THIS TIME WOULD SOMEHOW BE

DIFFERENT?

>> WELL, I DO THINK THERE IS A

REASON TO BELIEVE THAT THIS TIME

MIGHT BE DIFFERENT, AND THAT IS

THAT IF YOU LOOK AT NEAL TALKING

ABOUT THE CLASSIC PRISONERS

DILEMMA, THATS NOT SOMETHING

THAT WE REALLY HAD BECAUSE WHEN

TRUMP WAS PRESIDENT HE HAD THE

POWER TO PARDON.

AND, SO, YOU COULD BUILD A

REALLY STRONG CASE AGAINST AN

ALLEN

ALLEN WEISSELBERG AND STILL THE

PERSON WOULDNT FLIP.

LOOK AT PAUL MANAFORT.

LOOK AT ROGER STONE.

THEY COULD HOLD OUT FOR A

PARDON.

THAT IS NO LONGER A POWER THAT

DONALD TRUMP HAS.

AND HE DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER

TO FIRE THE PROSECUTOR.

SO WE ARE IN THE USUAL SITUATION

OF INVESTIGATING SOMEBODY WHO

HAS THE POWER TO PULL THE PLUG

ON THE ENTIRE INVESTIGATION, AS

WELL AS OUR BOSS WAS SOMEBODY

APPOINTED BY THE PRESIDENT OF

THE UNITED STATES.

ALL OF THAT --

>> DID THAT AFFECT YOU GUYS?

>> IM SORRY?

>> DID THAT AFFECT YOU GUYS?

>> YEAH.

WELL, CERTAINLY THE POWER TO

PARDON AND I THINK THE POWER TO

FIRE US ALSO AFFECTED US.

SO I THINK BOTH OF THOSE ARE

POWERS THAT I THINK ARE REALLY

BEING IMPORTANT POWERS THAT ARE

VERY UNUSUAL IN ANY CRIMINAL

CASE THAT DAN, NEAL OR I HAVE

EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN.

AND NOW TRUMP IS JUST LIKE ANY

OTHER PERSON WHO IS SUBJECT TO A

CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION WITH NO

ABILITY TO CONTROL THE

PROSECUTORS OR TO CONTROL THE

WITNESSES.

>> AND DANIEL, WHO CAN FIRE CY

VANCE?

>> WELL, THEORETICALLY THE

VOTERS OR IN SOME CASES, RARE

CASES THE GOVERNOR, BUT THATS

JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, RIGHT?

HES NOT RUNNING FOR

RE-ELECTION.

HIS TERM ENDS DECEMBER 31st.

SO THERE IS GOING TO BE A NEW DA

ON JANUARY 1st.

THAT GIVES US EVERY INDICATION

THAT HE WANTS TO MAKE THIS

DECISION IN ADVANCE AND SIX

MONTHS FROM NOW WHEN THIS GRAND

JURY EXPIRES, HE WILL STILL BE

THE DA.

SO I DO THINK THAT HE IS PUSHING

FOR THAT DECISION.

I WILL SAY THAT NEW YORK GRAND

JURIES ARE MORE CUMBERSOME THAN

FEDERAL GRAND JURIES.

NEAL AND ANDREW ARE RIGHT

THEYRE VERY POWERFUL.

BUT THEY ALSO GENERALLY CANT --

CANT RECEIVE HEARSAY EVIDENCE.

THEY HAVE TO HEAR THINGS, YOU

KNOW, DIRECTLY FROM THE MOUTHS

OF WITNESSES, WHICH IN FEDERAL

COURTS IT WAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE

WHEN I WAS A FEDERAL PROSECUTOR

TO BE ABLE TO PUT AN AGENT ON

THE STAND AND PRESENT A CASE

THATS PRETTY COMPLEX IN TWO OR

THREE HOURS BASED ON THE

INVESTIGATION THEY DID.

IN STATE COURT, WE HAVE TO

PRESENT THE ACTUAL WITNESS, SO

IT IS KIND OF A BIG DEAL.

AND THEY ALL GET AUTOMATIC

IMMUNITY, WHICH ALSO CREATES

SOME COMPLICATIONS.

SO THERE ARE REASONS WHY THE

STATE GRAND JURY WILL SIT THREE

DAYS A WEEK.

IT IS ACTUALLY NOT THAT UNUSUAL.

THEY ARE PROBABLY SITTING A

MORNING OR AN AFTERNOON ONLY

WOULD BE MY GUESS, BUT AGAIN

WERE STILL SPECULATING HERE.

>> AND YOU ARE ALL MAKING

IMPORTANT POINTS, WHICH SPEAK TO

WHY IT MAY BE A VERY BAD NIGHT

AT MAR-A-LAGO.

DANIEL, YOURE PICKING UP ON

SOMETHING THAT ANDREW WAS

WALKING US THROUGH EARLIER,

WHICH IS THAT THE DOUBLING DOWN,

THE TRIPLING DOWN ON THE NORMAL

GRAND JURY SCHEDULE IS SOMETHING

THAT SHOWS AN INTENSITY AND

ACCELERATION OF THE CASE.

BAD NEWS FOR ANYONE AT TRUMP

ORG.

THEN, NUMBER TWO, YOU ARE

REMINDING EVERYONE, BECAUSE I

DONT THINK EVERYONE AROUND THE

COUNTRY IS KEEPING TRACK OF

TENURE PLANS THAT THIS NEW YORK

DA IS OUT, YOU ARE REMINDING

EVERYONE, AT THE END OF THE YEAR

AND THE SIX-MONTH SCHEDULE --

WALK ME THROUGH THIS IF THERE IS

MORE PRESESSIONCISION NEEDED.

THIS WILL BRING YOU TO NOVEMBER.

THE IMPLICATION OF WHAT YOU ARE

SAYING LEGALLY, ANYTHING CAN

CHANGE, LORD WE KNOW THAT FROM

FOLLOWING CASES, BUT YOU ARE

SAYING LEGAL SCHEDULE WOULD BE

THAT THIS MATTER YOU WOULD

EXPECT THERE TO BE ACTION OR IF

THEY CLOSE IT OUT WITH NO

ACTION, YOU EXPECT TO KNOW THAT

EITHER WAY BY ROUGHLY NOVEMBER

WITH REGARD TO WHETHER CRIMES

ARE CHARGED AT TRUMP ORG,

DANIEL.

>> NOVEMBER OR BEFORE.

I THINK IT ALL DEPENDS.

AS WE WERE SAYING EARLIER, WE

DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHO WILL BE

CHARGED.

RIGHT NOW CLEARLY ALLEN

WEISSELBERG IS IN THE CROSS

FIRES AND THERE ARE LOTS OF

DIFFERENT LEVERS AND POINTS OF

PRESSURE WITH HIM.

INCLUDING HIS FAMILY, HIS KIDS.

SO WELL SEE WHAT THEYRE GOING

TO DO.

BUT, YOU KNOW, WITHIN THE TRUMP

ORGANIZATION, THERE ARE OTHER

EXECUTIVES.

THERE IS FAMILY MEMBERS OF

DONALD TRUMP.

THERE IS THE COMPANIES

THEMSELVES AND THERE IS DONALD

TRUMP.

SO THIS GRAND JURY WILL BE DOING

A LOT OF WORK.

NO DOUBT THEY WILL BE USING IT

IN AN INVESTIGATIVE WAY, ISSUING

SUBPOENAS, COMPELLING PEOPLE WHO

DONT WANT TO TESTIFY TO

TESTIFY.

SO THIS IS REALLY USING THE

GRAND JURY, I THINK, TO THE

FULLEST EXTENT OF WHAT ITS

MEANT TO BE.

>> YEAH.

AND IT RAISES A LOT OF QUESTIONS

ABOUT WEISSELBERG, WHICH WE WILL

HAVE MORE SPECIAL COVERAGE

TONIGHT BECAUSE WERE LOOKING AT

THIS FROM THE OUTSIDE.

WE DONT HAVE ALL OF THE ACCESS

THAT THE THREE OF YOU HAVE HAD

AT VARIOUS POINTS IN THESE KIND

OF CASES.

BUT AS OUTSIDERS WERE TRACKING,

BOY, A LOT GOING ON AROUND

WEISSELBERG.

BEFORE I LOSE THIS PANEL OF

EXPERTS AND I HAVE A LOT MORE

PEOPLE WAITING IN THE WINGS, I

WANT TO GO TO EACH OF YOU

LIGHTENING ROUND IN A WORD OR A

SENTENCE.

NUMBER ONE, IN SUMMATION, WHAT

CHANGES TODAY FOR TRUMP ORG AND

WHO HAS THE MOST TO WORRY ABOUT?

WHAT CHANGES?

AND WHO HAS THE WORST TO WORRY

ABOUT IN A WORD OR A SENTENCE

STARTING WITH ANDREW?

>> WEISSELBERG HAS THE MOST TO

WORRY ABOUT, AND WHAT CHANGES IS

HES TAKING A LOT MORE EXPOSURE.

>> NEAL?

>> TRUMP HAS THE MOST TO FEAR

BECAUSE HE KNOWS WEISSELBERG HAS

THE MOST TO FEAR AND WEISSELBERG

WILL FLIP AND THATS VERY, VERY

BAD NEWS FOR DONALD TRUMP.

WEISSELBERG KNOWS WHERE THE

BODIES ARE BURIED.

>> DANIEL?

>> WHAT CHANGES IS THAT ITS

PUBLIC, THAT THE DA IS GOING FOR

INDICTMENTS FOR SURE.

WE NOW KNOW THAT.

The Description of Closing In On Trump? Vet Of Office Pursuing Trump Org Says DA 'Going For Indictments'