Practice English Speaking&Listening with: The One Where Courteney Cox Surprises a 13-year-old 'Friends' Super Fan

Normal
(0)
Difficulty: 0

AND FINALLY THE THIRD THING, I WANTED TO TELL YOU ABOUT IS A BY

IN BOREHAMWOOD ENGLAND WHO IS SCHEDULED TO HAVE HIS BAR

MITZVAH BUT WHEN LOCKDOWN WAS PUT IN PLACE THEY DECIDE TO TO

HAVE A VIRTUAL BAR MITZVAH.

STH SAY BIG DEAL FOR SEVERAL REASONS BECAUSE ACCORDING TO THE

RABBI IT WAS THE FIRST EVER VIRTUAL BAR MITZVAH AND THE

THEME OF THE BAR MITZVAH WAS THE TV SHOW FRIENDS.

>> THIS IS THE FIRST EVER ONLINE BAR MITZVAH.

>> I'M A BIG FAN OF FRIENDS, AND MY INVITES WERE, I HAVE COME TO

THE REALIZATIONING THAT NO ONE TOLD YOU LIFE WAS GOING TO BE

THIS WAY, THAT IT IS A MUCH MOVE UPLIFTING LINE, I WILL BE THERE

FOR YOU, LIKE YOU THERE FOR ME TOO.

>> James: HE DIDN'T GET TO HAVE HIS PARTY BUT AFTER THE

VIRTUAL BAR MITZVAH WENT LIVE, NOT ONLY DID EVERYONE IN

NAFTALI'S FAMILY GET TO SEE IT, IT WAS ALSO VIEWED BY THOUSANDS

AND THOUSANDS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

NOW GUYS, HE IS SO OBSESSED WITH FRIENDS THAT HAD HE BEEN ABLE

TOO HAVE HIS BIG PARTY, THE FRIENDS THEME WAS GOING TO

INCLUDE A RED SOFA PHOTO OPPORTUNITY, EACH TABLE WAS

GOING TO BE NAMED AFTER A DIFFERENT CHARACTER AND THEY

WERE GOING TO RENT A FOOSBALL TABLE JUST LIKE THE ONE IN

CHANDLER AND JOEY'S APARTMENT.

AND TAKE A LOOK AT NAFTALI'S INVITATION.

NOW AS A FELLOW FRIENDS FANATIC, I KNEW I WANTED TO TALK TO HIM

ABOUT THIS.

SO WE HAVE HIM HERE WITH US TONIGHT.

NAFER TALI, HOW ARE YOU?

HOW ARE YOU DOING?

>> I'M VERY GOOD.

I AM' VERY EXCITED.

>> James: WE'RE EXCITED TO HAVE YOU HERE.

NOW WHEN YOU DECIDED TO HOLD YOUR BAR MITZVAH VIRTUALLY, DID

YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THAT THIS MANY PEOPLE WERE GOING TO BE WATCHING

IT LIVE?

>> NO, I HAD NO IDEA. I THOUGHT RECALL IT WOULD BE MY FAMILY AND

A FEW FRIENDS.

>> James: BUT THIS IS WHAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

YOUR FRIENDS FIEJE WAS TWO YEARS BEFORE-- THE FRIENDS FINEE WAS

TWO YEARS BEFORE WERE YOU BORN.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THE SHOW THAT YOU LOVE SO MUCH?

>> BECAUSE IT IS RELATES TO ALL THE CHARACTERS AND IT IS JUST

REALLY FUNNY.

>> James: WELL, IN IS GREAT.

BECAUSE I AM A HUGE FRIENDS FAN TOO.

SO I LOVED YOUR WHOLE APPROACH TO.

THIS I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED TO SEE SOMEONE SO YOUNG LOVING THE

SHOW AS MUCH AS I DO AND WE THOUGHT YOU ARE HERE AND WHEN A

FRIEND OF MINE WAS ALSO IMPRESSED BY YOUR WHOLE BAR

MITZVAH AND SHE WANTED TO POP IN AND SAY HI TOO.

SHE SHOULD BE DIALING IN RIGHT ABOUT NOW.

>> HI THERE.

>> OH MY GOSH.

HELLO.

>> HOW ARE YOU?

>> I'M VERY GOOD, HOW ARE YOU?

>> I'M GOOD.

DO YOU RECOGNIZE ME.

>> I DO.

>> James: WELL, YOU SHOULD BECAUSE NAFTALI, TELL COURTENEY

HOW MANY TIMES YOU HAVE WATCHED FRIENDS?

>> I HAVE WATCHED IT SEVEN TIMES.

>> SEVEN TIMES, THE WHOLE SERIES, SEVEN TIMES.

>> YEAH.

>> FLA SIN CREDIBLE.

JDZ THAT.

>> Jame: THAT IS ABSOLUTESLY AMAZING.

WHEN WE HAVE TOLD COURTENEY ABOUT YOUR STORY, COURTENEY

WANTED TO CHIME IN BECAUSE YOU ACTUALLY GOT A GIFT FOR NAFTALI,

RIGHT, COURTENEY, LISTEN TO THIS.

>> I WAS REALLY TOUCHED BY YOUR STORY.

SO SINCE YOU COULDN'T HAVE YOUR BAR MITZVAH THE WAY YOU WANTED I

DECIDED TO GET YOU A FOOSBALL TABLE JUST LIKE THE ONE IN JOEY

AND CHANDLER'S APARTMENT.

>> THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> James: SO WE'RE GOING TO SEND THAT TO YOU, NAFTALI.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, COURTENEY, HEY, CURT KNEE, BEFORE WE GO,

WILL YOU JUST GIVE NAFTALI A FAMOUS MONICA, I KNOW.

NAFTALI WHAT IF YOU SAY HEY, I HAD TO CANCEL MY BAR MITZVAH AND

HOLD IT ONLINE.

>> YOU KNOW, I HAD TO CANCEL MY BAR MITZVAH AND HOLD IT ONLINE.

>> I KNOW!

>> James: THANK YOU SO MUCH, NAFTALI, MAZEL TOV TO YOU, THANK

YOU FOR BEING HERE.

THANK YOU, COURTENEY COX FOR STOPPING BY.

ARE YOU SO ADORABLE.

The Description of The One Where Courteney Cox Surprises a 13-year-old 'Friends' Super Fan