Follow US:

Practice English Speaking&Listening with: 5 Unsolved Mysteries Of Denmark

Difficulty: 0

Louise Borglit Louise Borglit was 32 years old who lived

with her sister and brother-in-law in their apartment in Harlev, Denmark.

She worked as a beauty advisor at a luxury department store chain and was 7 months pregnant

at the time.

The babys father and Louise were not in a relationship and she had recently moved

from Copenhagen to her sisters' apartment after finding about her pregnancy.

On November 4, 2016, It was a cold, rainy day and Louise decided to walk her sister

dog, a golden retriever named Maggie to the nearby Elver park.

She borrowed her brother in laws green raincoat, pants and boots and left the apartment at


At around 7:30pm, Louises sister, Susanne, receives a phone call from the police tell

her to come to Elver park as something horrible had happened to her sister.

When Susanne arrived at the park she saw her sister on the ground in a pool of blood.

Police said that around 7:10pm while walking their dog a couple saw Maggie running towards

them with her leash dragging behind.

The couple sensed Maggie wanted to lead them to something.

They followed Maggie and found Louise lying on the ground in the grass next to the park


They immediately notified the police.

Maggie stayed by Louise side while paramedics arrived.

Neither Louise Borglit's nor her unborn child's life could be saved.

Louise had been stabbed to death with a large knife.

The dog was completely unharmed and her fur was tested for evidence.

Police questioned around to see if anyone had noticed anything or anyone at the time

of the murder.

Soon a witness would come forward.

She said that on that day, she heard two screams from Elver park.

The second scream was a long and heartbreaking panic scream.

Shortly after those screams, a man came running out of the Elver Park.

The witness was standing on the other side of the road when the man emerged from the


After seeing the witness, the man put his hands up in the air before turning around

and running back into the park.

The witness described the man as being between the ages of 28 and 30.

He is around 180cm tall with a slim build and a small face.

He was wearing all black clothing with a black hood over a black hat.

The man is considered to be a suspect in the case and has not yet been identified.

The murder weapon has also not been found yet.

Police have questioned more than 700 people and more than 40 knives have been investigated,

but so far no luck.

A CCTV footage of the killer has been released by the police but the video was taken from

afar and the man is hardly visible.

The case remains unsolved.

Emilie Meng

On 9th July 2016, Emilie Meng and two of her friends went on a city trip to a nearby town

of Slagelse.

After the trip, Emilie and her friends arrived at Korsør train station to return home at

around 2am on 10th July.

Her friends decided to take a taxi home, while Emilie wanted to walk home.

She told her friends that she needed some fresh air and left on foot to walk the 2km

path home.

This would be the last time her friends would see her alive.

At around 4am, one of her friends received a facebook message from Emilie.

The contents of the message have not been released by the police.

The friend replied back to the message and Emilie saw the message but didn't reply


This would be the last time anyone heard from her.

That morning She was expected to sing at a local church at 9:30 am, but she never showed


When her friends and family didnt hear from her, she was reported missing.

Initially, the police treated it as a runaway case.

At first, there were rumours that she had love problems and had run away before but

this was found to be not true.

It was only after 3 days that police took the case seriously and considered the possibility

that Emilie may have met with foul play.

An extensive search was carried out and hundreds of volunteers searched in and around the city,

forests, lakes and the seas but to no avail.

There were several sightings in and around the city and even in Germany but none were

ever confirmed.

Police soon started to receive tips from all over the country leading to 3 suspects, including

a 33-year-old truck driver and a 67-year-old man, who had his house searched five times,

but were later eliminated as suspects.

A few items would also be found, including a bag and a torn shirt that looked like the

one Emilie was wearing when she went missing. However, it would later be ruled out.

Her posters were put up around the country but nothing came out of it.

Days turned to weeks and weeks turned months but she would not be found.

Then, 6 months later on 24th December, Emilies body was found by a dog walker in a water

hole near a city called Borup, more than 60kms from where she was last seen.

The place where she was found was very deserted and only the people who know the place, ever use

it for dog walking.

Police have not revealed much information about the cause of her death, only that she

was a victim of a violent crime and that she died on the day she went missing or shortly

after that.

In 2017, Police would release CCTV footage from the train station.

They are now looking for a white car, likely a Hyundai I30, which can be seen in the background

at the parking lot just after her disappearance.

However, the quality of the video is pretty bad.

The person driving the car has not come forward.

There have been no new leads in the case since then and the case still remains unsolved.

Connie Svendsen

Connie Birgitte Svendsen lived at Snellemark in Rønne on Bornholm.

She was well known on the island and had a large number of friends.

She was 51 years old, divorced, and worked as a waitress at a local hotel.

On the 1st of September 1997, Connie had work in the morning but she never showed up for


Connie was known to be Conscientious and would always let her boss know if she was running

late or if she wasnt coming for her shift.

When she did not arrive for work, her boss decided to check up on her.

She visited her apartment and found the front door unlocked.

As she entered her bedroom, she found Connies body beaten and strangled to death.

She immediately notified the police.

Connie was last seen alive on the evening of August 31, 1997, at 11pm leaving for home

after a night out with friends.

During the investigation, police found no sign of forced entry in her apartment.

Infact, Connie and her killer also seemed to be drinking wine and smoking cigarettes together before

she was killed.

According to the police, the killer was likely someone that Connie knew.

Police found Connes DNA on a few of the cigarettes, while 6 cigarettes were found with the killers

DNA on it.

The peculiar thing about these 6 cigarettes was that their filters were chewed upon.

Investigators believe that it was likely a person who worked outdoors or someone who

worked with two hands like fisherman, farmers, seamen etc that chewed the cigarette butts.

Investigators were able to create a DNA profile of the killer from the cigarette butts.

However, despite interviewing 2000 people and taking 600 blood samples, police have not been

able to match anyone to the killers DNA.

It was only recently that the case was brought before the public eye after it was featured

on a local tv show after 15 years.

When Connie was killed, the case did not receive much media attention.

The feature produced some tips from the public but so far the case remains unsolved.

Anne Stine Geisler

On the night of 4 June 1990, 18-year-old Anne Stine Geisler went to Pentecostal Carnival

in Copenhagen with some friends.

After midnight, Anne wanted to go home as it had started to rain.

So she said goodbye to her friends before cycling home along the canal at Gammel Strand.

After arriving at her house in Teglgårdsstræde, she put her bike in the backyard.

At the backyard, she was assaulted by an unknown man, who then dragged her into a basement

room of a neighbouring Teglkroen restaurant.

The next day, A chef had to pick up something in the same basement but had difficulty getting

in because a black cord had been wrapped around the handle so the door couldn't be opened.

When the chef finally opened the door and turned on the light, she found the body of

Anne lying on her stomach.

Her hands were tied behind her back with the same cord wrapped around the door handle and

then brought up around her neck in a way so it would tighten around her neck if she moved

her arms.

Police also found that 2 pieces of dishcloths had been forced down her throat.

She had died of suffocation.

The killer had even made several cuts with a shard of glass or a knife on her face and


On her right arm, the killer had carved a mysterious symbol.

The killer had also poured floor polish on her body.

There was no evidence to suggest that she had been sexually assaulted.

Over the next 3 years, police questioned more than 3,800 people but to no avail.

During the investigation, police suspected several people in connection with the case.

One of which was a man named Peter Kronholm, who lived in an apartment near the Teglkroen restaurant.

He came under suspicion after he killed his girlfriend and hid his body in his wardrobe.

The man had lived near Annes residence the night she had been killed but had moved

immediately after the murder.

He had an alibi from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m the night Anne was murdered.

But, he did not have any alibi after 1 a.m and he couldnt explain what he was doing at

the time Anna was supposedly murdered, which was around 3am.

However, police did not have enough evidence to link him to her murder and he escaped without

any charges.

Her case remains unsolved for 29 years.

Marie Lock-Hansen

Marie was born on June 13, 1924, in Lisbjerg near Aarhus.

In the early 1940s, Marie met painter Leif Jørgensen and both got married in April 1946.

However, the marriage didnt last and the 2 got a divorce in 1952.

Around this time she was working as a secretary for a civil engineer, Oscar Lock-Hansen.

Both fell in love with each other and soon married in 1953.

Together, Marie, Oscar and Oscars daughter from a previous marriage moved to a villa

in Højbjerg.

In 1965, Oscar sold his share of the engineering company and took up a teaching job at the

University of Aarhus.

Meanwhile, Marie opened up a photocopying shop in the basement of their house, where

she used to print materials for Oscars teaching job and various materials for local associations.

On November 10, 1967, Oscar left for work around 9 am.

Due to a busy day at the photocopying shop, Marie had hired one of her neighbours, Lissie


Marie and her housemaid, Irma Rasmussen did some housework while Lissie worked at the Photocopying

in the basement.

At around 10:50am, Both Marie and Irma took a coffee break.

While they were enjoying their coffee, they were interrupted by a doorbell.

Marie opened the door and Irma heard them speak briefly.

Irma overheard Marie telling the man at the doorWe are busy

today but if he could make it quick, come inside”.

The man followed Marie as she walked across the hall to an office of the house.

Just seconds after Marie had closed the door to the office, Irma heard Marie screaming

after which 3 shots were fired.

Hearing the shots, Irma ran towards the office to aid Marie.

The door of the office opened and Irma found herself face to face with the man.

He aimed his Walther P38 directly at her and shot her in the lower abdomen.

The man then left the house quickly but before leaving he quietly told IrmaNow you just

stay there and stay calm.”

Lissie heard the shots and immediately ran outside to find help.

On her way to the neighbours' house, she saw a man walking calmly on the sidewalk who

is now believed to be the killer, however, he disappeared shortly after.

She found a neighbour and the called police and ambulance.

Meanwhile, severely wounded Irma dragged herself through the living room and onto the patio,

where she cried out for help.

A gardener working nearby rushed to help her.

He entered the house and found Marie lying in a pool of blood in the office.

He immediately ran back to the neighbours' house and called the police.

Police and ambulance arrived shortly after.

Marie was pronounced dead at the scene, while Irma survived. Irma was able to provide a description of the killer.

She told the police that the killer was around 35-40 years of age, 175-185 centimetres tall,

slim and dark-haired.

He was wearing a black or dark blue coat, a hat, glasses and was carrying a dark-coloured


The Danish police questioned more than 20,000 people and spent around 100,000 hours in the

investigation but the killer was never caught.

Over the years there have been several theories regarding her murder.

Some believed that Marie, on her many walks with the dog, had seen something she shouldnt

have at Naval Operative Command, which had a base nearby, and was killed to keep her quiet.

Others believed she was mistaken for Grethe Bartram, who during the war became known abroad

for stabbing a large number of Danish resistance people.

While the 3rd theory that was put forward was that Marie had a secret lover.

But police found no evidence to believe that she was involved with any other person.

2 months after the murder, police drew a sketch of the killer based on Irmas description.

However, Irma was never satisfied with the sketch which is why the police never published


Instead, they made hundreds of copies and distributed to police stations throughout the


But, there have no suspect or any arrests in the case and the Murder of Marie has never been


The Description of 5 Unsolved Mysteries Of Denmark