The definition of 'attends' & the word 'attends' in example sentences or phrases
be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc.
- She attends class regularly
- I rarely attend services at my church
- did you go to the meeting?
take charge of or deal with
- Could you see about lunch?
- I must attend to this matter
- She took care of this business
to accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result
- Menuhin's playing was attended by a 15-minute standing ovation
work for or be a servant to
- May I serve you?
- She attends the old lady in the wheelchair
- Can you wait on our table, please?
- Is a salesperson assisting you?
- The minister served the King for many years
give heed (to)
- The children in the audience attended the recital quietly
- She hung on his every word
- They attended to everything he said
Synonyms of the word 'attends' & Antonyms of the word 'attends'.
Synonymsattend, go to, attend, take care, look, see, attend, serve, attend to, wait on, attend, assist, attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear,