The definition of 'clinging' & the word 'clinging' in example sentences or phrases
come or be in close contact with; stick or hold together and resist separation
- The dress clings to her body
- The label stuck to the box
- The sushi rice grains cohere
to remain emotionally or intellectually attached
- He clings to the idea that she might still love him.
hold on tightly or tenaciously
- hang on to your father's hands
- The child clung to his mother's apron
Synonyms of the word 'clinging' & Antonyms of the word 'clinging'.
Synonymscling, cleave, adhere, stick, cohere, cling, cling, hang,