The definition of 'defendes' & the word 'defendes' in example sentences or phrases
argue or speak in defense of
- She supported the motion to strike
be on the defensive; act against an attack
protect against a challenge or attack
- Hold that position behind the trees!
- Hold the bridge against the enemy's attacks
fight against or resist strongly
- The senator said he would oppose the bill
- Don't fight it!
protect or fight for as a champion
be the defense counsel for someone in a trial
- Ms. Smith will represent the defendant
state or assert
- He maintained his innocence
Synonyms of the word 'defendes' & Antonyms of the word 'defendes'.
Synonymssupport, defend, fend for, defend, guard, defend, hold, fight back, oppose, fight, fight down, defend, champion, defend, defend, represent, maintain, defend,