The definition of 'emphases' & the word 'emphases' in example sentences or phrases
special importance or significance
- the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis
- the room was decorated in shades of grey with distinctive red accents
intensity or forcefulness of expression
- the vehemence of his denial
- his emphasis on civil rights
special and significant stress by means of position or repetition e.g.
the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch)
- he put the stress on the wrong syllable
Synonyms of the word 'emphases' & Antonyms of the word 'emphases'.
Synonymsemphasis, accent, vehemence, emphasis, emphasis, stress, emphasis, accent,