The definition of 'reades' & the word 'reades' in example sentences or phrases
interpret something that is written or printed
- read the advertisement
- Have you read Salman Rushdie?
have or contain a certain wording or form
- The passage reads as follows
- What does the law say?
look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed
- The King will read the proclamation at noon
obtain data from magnetic tapes
- This dictionary can be read by the computer
interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky; also of human behavior
- She read the sky and predicted rain
- I can't read his strange behavior
- The fortune teller read his fate in the crystal ball
interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression
- I read this address as a satire
- How should I take this message?
- You can't take credit for this!
be a student of a certain subject
- She is reading for the bar exam
indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments
- The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero
- The gauge read `empty'
audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role
- He is auditioning for `Julius Caesar' at Stratford this year
to hear and understand
- I read you loud and clear!
make sense of a language
- She understands French
- Can you read Greek?
Synonyms of the word 'reades' & Antonyms of the word 'reades'.
Synonymsread, say, read, read, scan, read, read, take, read, read, take, learn, study, record, register, show, read, read, read, understand, interpret, translate, read,